This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. We are soon approaching the not-so-anticipated cold and flu season. While this time of the year is a nuisance, it is hardly inevitable. However, there are plenty of good habits that we can practice in order to stay as healthy as possible.
Five Ways To Stop Spreading The Germs
During cold and flu season, it’s important to stay healthy but it’s also important to not overly obsess over germs and bacteria. Proper hygiene doesn’t necessarily mean you have to get rid of every germ imaginable: it’s impossible and if anything, being too clean may lead to a lower immune system. Remember, it’s all in moderation. I listed a few tips that will help stop spread the germs.
- Be A Little Greedy: This cold and flu season, try your best to not share your food, drinks, makeup, towels, etc. with others. I know we all like to be helpful, but we can show our generosity in other ways.
- Home Is Where The Heart Is: If you’re feeling under the weather, do yourself (and your colleagues/classmates) a favor and give yourself a sick day. You don’t want to give anyone else what you have and also, a lot of rest leads up to a speedy recovery.
- Hand Sanitizer: So many of us are on-the-go nowadays that sometimes, soap and water is not immediately accessible. Hand sanitizers can really come in handy in situations like these. I prefer the individually wrapped wipes from the Softy company.
- Household Maintenance: A clean home can help with germ control, so make sure you’re keeping up with your family’s mess, food is being stored correctly and that laundry is being done routinely. Also, make sure that you are cleaning and disinfecting surfaces that get touched and handled regularly.
- Hand Hygiene: Remember the hand hygiene we were all taught in pre-school? Well, it’s time to think back and practice what we learned. Hand hygiene is extremely important when it comes to germ control. So rather than not shaking your boss’ hand at your next meeting, just remember to wash them on the regular, sneeze into your elbows, etc. Remember: it’s all in moderation.
The Softy company has come up with the most ideal sanitizing wipes. A small and humble company, the team behind Softy wanted to come up with one single product that could be used for both surfaces and our skin. The great thing about their wipes is that their stronger and bigger, and yes, much softer than most leading brands. Sized at 7” x 8”, they’re incredibly durable but still gentle enough for your baby’s face. Made in the U.S.A., Softy Wipes boast a subtle citrus smell – unlike other wipes that have strong, chemical scents.
I like how Softy wipes are packaged: the individually wrapped wipes are ideal to slip into my purse or Caitlin’s lunch box. The tub is perfect for to keep in my kitchen and bathroom, so we’re always set for when we need to give a surface a quick clean. I even keep a pack in the car for when we are on the go! Usually, with the use of sanitizers, my skin starts feeling stiff and dry. Softy does the exact opposite: it’s so gentle on the skin that it leaves it feeling soft (and clean!). Intrigued? Want to learn more? You can follow Softy on social media throughInstagram, Twitter and Facebook. You’ll feel cleaner just by checking it all out!
One USA reader will win a Softy Wipes Care Package ARV $50