This post contains affiliate links to make shopping easier for you. If you decide to buy after reading my rave reviews, I would love for you to use these links. One of my favorite memories as a kid was the time surrounding the Easter holiday. Mom would take all 6 kids to the mall for a new Easter outfit, which included a small purse for the girls. When we woke up on Easter morning, the kids would have their Easter baskets waiting for us downstairs and then we would have our annual Easter egg hunt in our backyard.
Afterwards, mom would make a light breakfast and we would get dressed up in our new clothes and we would head out to attend the Easter service at our church. After the service, we would come home and change and would wait patiently for our mom to cook her annual Easter brunch. Next to Thanksgiving and Christmas, this was a meal we all anticipated for weeks before the actual holiday. Now that I am a mom, I prefer to give my kids non food items for Easter baskets. I would rather give them a few fun things they will enjoy for days after than some candy that will last only a few minutes. Here are the six most popular items my kids love to get in their Easter baskets:
6 Non Food Ideas For Kids Easter Baskets
- Crayons, Markers or Pencils: My kids have always loved coloring and get so excited when they get brand new markers, crayons or pencils. Caitlin loves the Easter themed pencils and will use them for school, so it is a win-win.
- Coloring or Activity Books or Paper: You cannot have new crayons, markers or pencils if you do not have a new book or paper to go with it!
- Bubbles: Even at 13 and 16, my kids still love to play with bubbles. Heck, I love to play with bubbles and I am a grown up (but a kid at heart.)
- Toys: I always try to get the kids a fun toy to play with in their Easter basket. Caitlin has always loved jump ropes, so I found the cute carrot jump rope for her.
- Puzzles: Henry is a puzzle expert and he loves getting new puzzles. Yes, that is a My Little Pony puzzle for my little Brony!
- DVD’s: We love to have new DVD’s for family night, and one of our favorite series would be VeggieTales. I was so excited to see the latest title, Noah’s Ark, was available now so I could include it in the kids Easter Basket.
When were were snowed in for almost 2 weeks recently, I was hard pressed to find things for the kids to do. I mean, you can only play so many board games or see the same old cartoons, right? Thankfully, we were able to snuggle up with a bowl of popcorn and our newest obsession, the VeggieTales Noah’s Ark DVD. You can find the DVD on the VeggieTales website as well as on Amazon for less than $15. There is nothing I love more than to hang out with my family, watching a fun DVD and knowing the kids can learn an important life lesson, all at the same time!
With Noah’s Ark, your family are reminded about the importance of trusting God. I know I struggle with this, so even I need to be reminded from time to time! Your kids will love the catchy song, “No More Rain” and the voice talent from Wayne Brady. Not only will your child will enjoy learning that God’s plan is the best plan, they can have fun with the fun activities, recipes and crafts related to Noah’s Ark visit by visiting www.VeggieTales.com/noah.
Here is a link to the trailer to give you just a little taste of the silliness we have all come to know and love from the VeggieTales characters:
I am so excited to offer my readers the chance to win a copy of the VeggieTales Noah’s Ark DVD for themselves! One USA reader will win their own copy ARV $14.99:
Which VeggieTales character/DVD is your families favorite?