Top 10 Halloween Movies On Netflix
The time of the year has come: Halloween is in full swing! One of my favorites things to do is stream some spooky movies. I love to stream Halloween movies on Netflix for the whole family!
I am also excited to hand out candy to all of the kids in our neighborhood. It’s always fun to see the amount of creativity they put into their costumes. Aside from candy distribution, I plan on staying in and getting caught up with some “me” time.
This Halloween, I plan on binge-watching a couple of “scream-worthy” movies on Netflix. The treats are already bought and ready to be handed out. I am so excited to kick back, relax and enjoy some of Netflix’s spookiest flicks. Here are my top 10 Halloween Movies On Netflix:
Scary Flicks For Adults
The Sixth Sense: This is one of my favorite movies from Bruce Willis. Toni Colette and Haley Joel Osment are also fantastic.
The story is of a boy who can communicate with spirits who seeks help from a disheartened child psychologist.
If you haven’t seen it, the ending will blow you away. If you have, you can see something new each time you watch it.
Hellraiser: This 1980s film has become a cult classic and will give you the ultimate chills.
The story starts with an unfaithful wife who encounters the zombie of her former lover.
I’ll leave the rest for you to watch on Halloween night, but I advise you don’t watch it alone!
- Donnie Darko: Jake Gyllenhaal shines in this story of a troubled teenager who is plagued by visions of a man in a large rabbit suit. After Donnie narrowly escapes a bizarre accident, the man in the rabbit suit manipulates him to commit a series of crimes.
- Hush: Of all the horror movies I ever watched, this is one that scared the wits out of me . A deaf writer moves into the woods for a quieter life. Suddenly, a masked killer appears at her window and she must save herself in complete silence.
For Older Kids
Coraline: This was one of the first movies my daughter and I went to on a “date.” Coraline is about an adventurous 11-year-old girl who finds an alternate world behind a door in her new house.
The world is much like her own, but in many ways, seems to be better. That is until she discovers its sinister secrets.
R.L. Stine’s Mostly Ghostly: My kids always loved R.L. Stine’s books growing up. In this chapter of his Mostly Ghostly series, Max Doyle is on the hunt for an enchanted gem used to fight off evil spirits.
- Little Monsters: Brian (Fred Savage) finds not all monsters under your bed are all that bad. In fact, he finds a friend in Maurice (Howie Mandel.) Maurice takes Brian out for a night of mischief in the netherworld of monsters. But can monsters be trusted after all?
For The Young Ones
- Room on a Broom: This adorable animated movie is based on the book by Julia Donaldson. It tells the story of a kind witch who happily invites a collection of animals to ride on her broom. Her cat on the other hand is not pleased!
- Ghost Patrol: Two kids and their pet dog (aka the Ghost Patrol) get a call about an old manor and soon find they are investigating their first real haunted house.
- Masha’s Spooky Stories: Your little ones will hear Masha tell tales of common childhood fears like ghosts and monsters. Watch while Masha explains to your kids these and other tales are nothing to be afraid of!