I have a confession to make, spoiling myself doesn’t come easy. I tend to put others before myself (but what mom doesn’t, right?!) And at the end of the day, I am left depleted and ready for a much anticipated date with my bed and pillow. Today, I vow to change that, and in turn am sharing 5 ways women north of 40 (and 50, 60, 70+) can spoil themselves. I feel every woman should start making themselves a priority without taking away from other areas in their life. Continue reading because I promise you will thank me for these fabulous ideas!
- Sleep an Extra Hour: You have no idea how much sleep can affect our self-esteem, mood and personality. Go ahead, give yourself permission to sleep in one extra hour per week. You will wake up feeling rejuvenated and ready to conquer any feat. Heck, go crazy and sleep in even two days and double the benefits!
- Unplug Completely: Learn to completely unplug from all of your electronic devices at least once a week. I know it is scandalous, but I mean no internet, no smartphones, no tablets, and no computers. I implore you to unplug completely from the entire outside world and be one with yourself. Your family will really love how zen you are after this…Oh, and encourage them to unplug as well.
- Get a Massage: Schedule yourself a massage and as tempting as it is, don’t cancel that appointment! Getting a massage will release any tension you have been clinging to. You would not believe how much stress you can carry in your shoulders, back and neck area.
- Go Shopping: Many women feel as if shopping is a fantastic way to get spoiled, just don’t break the bank account! Take a day to head off to your favorite mall and window shop to your hearts content, or purchase a special something that will help you spoil yourself later.
- The Konenkii Box: Combine the above four options into one with the Konenkii Box, a subscription box service that encourages women north of 40 to age fearlessly while having fun!
The Konekii Box is filled with all kinds of great goodies any woman would love to have. I received the Spring box and it was packed full of amazing items. It included a beautiful bracelet, a coloring book and crayons (I had to hide it from my teenage daughter!), delicious chocolate bars from Seattle Chocolates, Naiad Cherry Blossom Whipped Soap Sugar Scrub and even Wildflower Seed Bombs to start your spring garden! You can purchase a one-time box for $55 or you can sign up for the quarterly subscription box for $49 or the 4 quarter service plan for $176.
What I love is you can subscribe for yourself and give the gift of a royal treatment to older gal on your gift list. The Konekii box changes each quarter, so you are always getting something fresh and unique.The checkout process is super easy and before you know it, voila, you are now one step closer to being spoiled! The founders of Konenkii, Jan Craige Singer and Sarah White, had two different styles that made them feel as if they were aging fearlessly. From Jan’s love of flipped up collars and funky earrings to Sarah’s love of scarves they took their over 50 years experiences of being daughters, wives and businesswomen to create a subscription service that allows women everywhere to give themselves permission to spoil themselves.
Stay social and like Konekii on Facebook, follow them on Twitter and on Instagram. Please use the coupon code KELLY10 to get $10 OFF any subscription. One coupon per order. One USA reader will win one Spring Konenkii box, ARV $55.