This is a sponsored post. All options are 100% mine. How often have you gone into your closet and had nothing to wear? Um. Every day! Or had no jewelry to accessorize your outfit? Again. Every day! If you are building a house, a good foundation is key to a strong house. So, we can agree that every woman needs a fashion foundation to build from, right?
Since working from home, I have gotten away from those statement pieces I wore in the workforce. I have found as my blog gets more readers, I get noticed by bigger brands. I am getting asked to appear in public events. And I panic because I do not have the proper clothes and accessories. So, let me ask; do you have these essentials in your closet?
- A White Shirt: Many fashion publications will recommend a white tee. For a more professional look, I buy a tailored white blouse or shirt. I love the white shirt Caitlin is wearing. The flirty riffle at the bottom is perfect for her age group while still looking polished.
- A Solid Color Blazer: What I love about a blazer is how versatile it is. Wear a pair of jeans and your white foundation shirt. You have a cute and casual day look. Add a blazer and you have taken your look up several notches. A navy, black, khaki or army green blazer are perfect choices.
- Statement Jewelry Piece: Take that pair of jeans and white shirt. You have that cute day look. What would make it stand out? A statement piece of jewelry. A pair of pearl stud earrings are simple yet elegant. Another great choice is a pair of diamond or CZ studs. I love the Mad Lust Necklace choker Caitlin has from 7 Charming Sisters.
- Black Pants: When I was in the corporate world, I relied on my classic black pants often. Since being a work from home mom, black leggings has replaced those work pants. They are my go-to when I cannot find anything to wear. They go with everything. Buy a pair of nice black trousers for work. Hang on to the black leggings when you are relaxing at home or running to the grocery store at midnight!
- Black Shoes: Here is another topic for debate. Depending on the fashion magazine you read, which black shoe you need varies. I will set the record straight! You need a pair of black ballet flats and a pair of basic black boots. You wear the flats in the spring and summer and the boots in the fall and winter.
I am obsessed with 7 Charming Sisters! If you want a huge selection of the best fashion jewelry and accessories on the planet, they have your back! 7 Charming Sisters is the brainchild of seven “work sisters” who’ve been colleagues for more than 10 years.
The sisters are: Paula, the elegant Executive, Kim, the vivacious Life of the Party, Jennifer, the dedicated Fashionista, Donalda, the flirtatious Social Butterfly, Jessica, the smart and Sexy Nerd, Kimberly, the cute All-American Girl and Melissa, the sporty Super Mom. I love how they each have such a fun “label.” That tells you they are having a good time working together!
Another reason I love 7 Charming Sisters, is their deep commitment to helping those with disabilities. They help them find jobs and employs disabled people in their studio. Many of their handmade pieces are handcrafted by those with intellectual disabilities. Each of these talented folks also earn a commission. Isn’t that great? You know what else is great? When you buy from 7 Charming Sisters and use the code KickingItWithKelly15, you get 15% off total order excluding sale items.
Isn’t the Elegant Empire Necklace Caitlin is wearing above gorgeous? I love the pastel pink Swarovski crystal. It is just stunning. And the price? Only $37! I know, right? So guess what?! One of my USA readers is going to win one of these Elegant Empire Necklaces! I know! So, enter below and good luck! Be sure to follow 7 Charming Sisters on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
What statement wardrobe essential do you consider the most important piece in your closet or jewelry box? I would love to hear in the comments below!