So here we are: already the first week of May and that means Mother’s Day is fast approaching. It’s always a tough choice to find that perfect Mother’s Day present. Most of us would like the gift to be useful yet, thoughtful and because I know it’s rather difficult to come to a final decision, I’ve rounded-up five Mother’s Day gift ideas that mama won’t want to return.
- A Spa Getaway: Offer mom the gift of relaxation with a trip to the spa. What I love about most spa certificates is that they’re customizable so you can create the perfect package and cater to what mom really loves. For instance, a massage-and-pedicure combination will make her feel relaxed, radiant, and fabulous all at once.
- A Romantic Getaway: Calling all partners! Spend more time with the love of your life this year by planning a romantic getaway. Whether it be a week-long vacation under the sun or an adventurous weekend road-trip, she will truly appreciate the thought of spending one-on-one time with you.
- A Home-Cooked Gourmet Meal: Give mom a break by preparing dinner and offering her a full-on gourmet dining experience. What I love about this idea is that all of the family members could take part and mom will truly appreciate seeing everyone’s contribution in the kitchen. Also, it’s a budget-friendly alternative to taking mom out to a fancy restaurant.
- Homemade IOUs: A great DIY for the little ones are “handmade IOUs” where they would create chore coupons that would allow mom to use when she needs a break from household tasks. For instance, one could read: This coupon is good for one night off of dishes duty. The idea would be for the children to complete the chore once mom redeems it. What’s great about this gift is that the coupons easily become memorable keepsakes – they’re great for scrapbooking and it’s like receiving artwork from the children.
- Unique Designer Jewelry: If you’re looking to purchase mom a new piece of jewelry, then this year, Bullet Designs is the way to go. Jewelry is always a great gift to offer, but sometimes finding something unique or a piece that she doesn’t already own is close to impossible or will totally just break the bank.
Established in 2010, Bullet Designs offers jewelry that are made of old bullet casings. Most of their jewelry can be customized with your choice of Swarovski crystal color and are just extremely beautiful to look at. You will be in awe with the intricate work that has been put into every single one of their pieces. My personal favorites are the Filigree Bullet Cuff Bracelet ($19.95 USD) and the Filigree Bullet Ring ($18.95 USD).
I just love how whimsical the metal artwork is and how it adds a touch of softness to the bold metal piece of the bullet casing. Bullet Designs doesn’t stop at jewelry. If you take a look at their shop, you’ll find other really unique bullet-case products like cuff links, pens, and ceiling fan pulls. Make sure to follow Bullet Designs on Facebook to see more of their beautiful work. One USa reader will win one filigree cuff bracelet and one filigree ring, with their choice of stone, ARV $40.
What are your plans for Mother’s Day? Have you purchased your mom’s present yet? Let us know what your gift ideas are by commenting below!