When I was a kid, you didn’t go out to eat all the time like people do now. Instead, my mom cooked most meals from scratch. And for may of those meals, there was bread on the table. I love the smell of fresh baked bread! I don’t bake bread as often as my mom did. But in the fall, I do make her Banana Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread recipe.
Making Two Kids Happy With One Recipe
Mom’s basic recipe was a pumpkin bread. I love chocolate and my sister loves bananas. To make us both happy, mom would add them into her pumpkin bread recipe. That is where her Banana Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread recipe developed!
Don’t Toss Those Brown Bananas!
I always buy my bananas with good intentions. The kids and I may eat one or two each, and the rest of the bunch will turn brown. My mom taught me not to waste food, so instead of tossing the brown bananas in the trash, I will bake with them. Another favorite recipe using those brown bananas is my Banana Bread in a Jar.
A Great Recipe To Share
Both of these recipes are great to share during the holidays. You can give them to the kid’s teachers, your friends or co-workers. You can make these banana bread recipes in the mason jars, a bundt pan or a loaf pan. So remember not to throw away those brown bananas! You can make one of these delicious and moist recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin, cooked or canned
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl combine brown sugar, butter, and eggs. Mix for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and bananas, mix approximately 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips,mix approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into 1 greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool five minutes and remove from pan.
What is your favorite fall bread?