This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine. When it comes down to bedtime, it’s all about setting up a routine and sticking with it. Many parents have a difficult time getting their little ones to sleep. Implementing a sleep schedule is ideal for a baby’s internal biological clock. It can help baby’s body determine the difference between night and day. Starting a routine as early as possible is optimal for your child’s development.
How To Set Up A Bedtime Routine For Your Baby
These five steps can be the basic structure to help get your baby on a proper sleep routine. Every child is different, so you will see what works and what doesn’t for your own. I suggest using this guide as a kick start to help start regularity in your baby’s sleeping pattern.
- Rise And Shine: A good start to a sleeping routine is waking baby up at the same time every morning. This will help baby recognize natural, morning light. If he/she wakes up in the middle of the night, they’ll learn soon enough to go back to sleep.
- Meal Routines: Consistent feeding time plays a huge role in getting your baby to adhere to a proper sleep routine. Use a strategy and schedule meals at set times. Get your little one accustomed to eating during the day and a couple of hours before heading to bed. No more hungry tummies in the middle of the night!
- A Calm Activity: Energetic play is great during the day. At night, keep a low-key environment. Engage in a calm activity like a lullaby or story time. This will soothe your baby and help you show that it’s close to bedtime.
- Baby Massage: Studies have shown a gentle massage for your baby can help them sleep better. When done on a regular basis, it can help set your baby up for a successful bedtime routine. Be sure to use products on your baby that are made with a baby’s delicate skin. You can see more here.
- A Soothing Bath: We all enjoy a relaxing bath. Well, guess what? So does your little one! Make a soothing bath a part of your baby’s sleep routine. It will help them relax and get ready for counting sheep. It is one of my favorite steps to get your baby on a bedtime routine!
For baby’s bath, I always prefer using products that are natural and organic. Acure is a company that is committed to the planet and committed to its customers. Their line of products, for babies and adults, are sulfate, paraben and cruelty-free. It’s evident that Acure keeps their customers’ health in mind. Our bodies can absorb 75% of what’s put on our skin. Why should we apply products that have been exposed to dangerous chemicals and pesticides?
Some of my favorite Acure products from their Baby Care line are the Bare Baby 4-in-1 Foamer and the Bare Baby Lotion. They are perfect to help get your baby on a bedtime routine. The 4-in-1 Foamer is multi-purpose. It can be used as a bubble bath, shampoo, baby wash and hand soap. The Bare Baby Lotion is perfect for baby’s delicate skin. I also love its scent: it’s soothing and just perfect to apply before bedtime! Both items retail for $9.99 USD. You can finish up their bath with the Baby Bums Diaper Cream ($10.99). If you have a fussy baby, the All Better Balm ($10.99) is perfect to soothe them.
This family owned and operated company also offers a line of products to keep your baby safe while in the sun. You can chose from their Sunscreen Lotion to their innovative and easy to use Sun SPF Sticks ($7.99) each. Don’t forget to look to Acure Organics for their sustainable line of skin and hair care products for the rest of the family as well! You can choose from items like cleansers, moisturizers an lip balm for keeping your skin and lips feeling soft. For your hair, you can try their amazing line of shampoos and conditioners. Curious and wanting to know more about Acure products? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube for updates! One USA reader will win an Acure Organics baby skin care prize pack, valued at $100.