I was provided with compensation for this post, either monetarily or in product. The opinions however, are 100% my own. When I was in school, one of the most exciting parts of the new school year was all the loot we got! I got excited about the new crayons, markers and pencils I got to break in. As I got older, this excitement did not change, only the goodies did. I traded in my crayons for highlighters and No. 2 pencils for mechanical pencils. Caitlin and I are getting ready to shop for all the back to school stuff she needs. There are so many tech accessories for students available to make her life easier. Here are her top 6 must haves for the upcoming school year:
6 Cool Tech Accessories For Students
- Evernote Smart Notebook: This is a super cool idea that Caitlin will get a lot of use out of. All you do is take a picture of your handwritten notes with Evernote’s page camera for your smartphone. They are stored in the app with a ton of organizational options, like “smart stickers” for simple tagging. You can access your notes from any device and share them if your favorite study buddy.
- FitBit: Caitlin attends a STEM academy that is in a renovated train depot. Some of their classes are across the campus, so they get a lot of walking in each day. Caitlin thought a FitBit would be perfect to keep track of her steps and other fitness activity. I wholeheartedly agree!
- Heated Travel Mug: We do not have to money to spend on Starbucks, so we make our own “gourmet” coffee at home. The only thing missing is a handy dandy heated travel mug for her coffee. All she has to do is plug it into her laptop’s USB port and she keeps her coffee nice and hot.
- Smartphone Case: Caitlin got an iPhone when she started 7th grade. This was a choice of necessity as we had to drive her to and from school. She was left alone when an afterschool activity ended early and she was unable to call us. The downside to giving my klutzy yet beautiful daughter a smartphone was keeping it in once piece. She dropped her phone 2 days after we bought it and without a case, she chipped the corner of her phone. Nwo she has the Regatta iPhone 6 case from iLuv. This case is not only protective, it is stylish as well. It has a durable dual-layer case with soft interior and hardshell exterior for iPhone 6 and sells for just $19.99.
- Tempered Glass Screen Protector: We have literally replaced 4 screens on her iPhone and iPad in the past 18 months. To keep her phone safe and protected, we decided to get her the Tempered Glass Screen Protector from iLuv, which sells for $29.99 (and worth every penny.) It features real tempered glass, and is 4 times as strong as a regular iPhone screen. It will not has rounded edges to prevent cracking and chipping and a special coating prevents fingerprints or smudges.
- Bluetooth Speaker: Caitlin and I love music and cannot study without it! To make studying less tedious, we got the Aud Mini 6 Party from iLuv, which retails for $39.99. Now, this is not your run of the mill bluetooth speaker. The Aud Mini 6 Party is a Bluetooth® speaker and hands-free speakerphone for most Bluetooth compatible devices. The Aud Mini 6 Party offers has integrated multicolor LEDs that displays seven lighting themes. The Aud Mini 6 Party is the same size as the iPhone 6, so it will fit just about anywhere so you can take your light show on the road!
I have been a fan of the products from iLuv for years now. They are always made of the finest materials, are affordable and are constantly changing to stay current with the latest changes to technology. Visit the iLuv website and take a look at their huge variety of products including cases for your phones and tablets, speakers, alarm clocks and so much more! You can purchase the iLuv products from their website as well as Target, Walmart and Amazon.
Here is a short Instagram video of our playing with the Aud Mini 6 Party Bluetooth® speaker:
Which of these must have tech accessories for students would your child want most?