This is a sponsored post. I was compensated either in product or monetarily. However, all opinions are 100% my own. It’s very common for a house to be left empty on a daily basis. Nowadays, many families have both parents working full-time jobs and children attending daycare or school. My home setup is a little bit different, but whenever I know that my house is going to be vacant for a set amount of time, I go through our entire place double checking appliances, locks, doors, etc.
Whether we’re out for the day errands or locking up for a week-long vacation, I like to take the extra measures in making sure our home is safe and secure. I often talk about my appreciation for technology and how it’s revolutionized how we communicate, learn and entertain ourselves. Most recently, I learned that technology can also help with securing my home. That’s right: I can now keep a closer eye on my house and its surroundings with my smartphone.
Your Home On Your Phone
According to U.S. Cellular, 91% of smartphone users rarely leave home without their phone. I definitely belong within this statistic. With smartphones increasing in popularity, it was only natural for app developers to come up with some brilliant ideas for our homes’ security and safety. Now, my worries have significantly diminished since my my iPhone 6 from US Cellular allows me to track my abode wherever I go.
Apps That Are Fantastic For Home Security
Don’t get me wrong: I haven’t dropped my routine in double checking my home’s security before we head for the door. However, now that I have downloaded some brilliant home apps on my INSERT DEVICE, I have a better peace of mind since I can control so much within the palms of my hands.
Here are a few home apps that are worth checking out:
- Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Opener: Have full control of your garage as soon as you leave your house. This device and app allows you to turn the lights off or close the garage door as you sprint out for work or your last-minute errands. If you have a home alarm system, this app also enables you to set it once the garage door is closed.
- Nest Thermostat: Save energy and cut down on electric bills with the Nest Thermostat. This app allows you to control your home’s thermostat no matter where you are.
- Nest Cam: Now through Nest Cam, you can monitor your entire house with any of U.S. Cellular’s latest devices, like my INSERT DEVICE. Even when it’s dark, Nest Cam’s Night Vision feature will allow you to keep an eye on things when the lights are out. Opt-in for their Nest Secure subscription and you can record up to 30 days of video and have it stored on your cloud.
- Crock Pot Smart Slow Cooker: Forgot to turn the slow cooker on? Don’t even sweat it! You can still come home to a warm dinner with the Crock Pot Smart Slow Cooker. It enables users to set the timer or adjust the setting from a simple swipe and click on your smartphone.
- Mr. Coffee Smart Optimal Brew Coffeemaker: It doesn’t get better than this: the Mr. Coffee Smart Optimal Brew Coffeemaker connects to your smartphone and allows you to brew your cup of coffee even while you’re still in bed. No need to worry about any appliances being left on, though: with Mr. Coffee Smart, you can shut off your coffee machine from any smartphone or tablet – even from a distance!
Of course, being a U.S. Cellular client allows me to be connected to an incredibly speedy and secure network, allowing the apps to work to their full potential. Now that my smartphone and home are connected, a weight of worries has been lifted off my shoulders. If you have a teen with a cell phone, the U.S. Cellular® Better Moments Parent-Child Agreement will surely come into good use. Be sure to read my post, Is Your Child Ready For Their Own Cell Phone? Get social and see all contest entries by following U.S. Cellular on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter .