This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NeuroGymFit #CollectiveBias
Do you consider yourself overweight? I am. I have been for many years. I have tried about every diet on the planet. I would lose a few pounds in the beginning. I always gained it back, along with a few more pounds. I would get discouraged, call myself a loser and then console myself with food. This pattern has gone on for 15 years now. Something has to change.
As you can see in the photo above, I have changed a lot since I was 25. I have gained almost 100 pounds since then. I am exhausted from carrying that weight. I am exhausted from all the yo-yo dieting. I knew there had to be a way. I recently wrote about a book that talked about changing my mindset about losing weight. I knew I was on to something. And then I discovered “Winning the Game of Weight Loss” and took their Weight Loss Quiz.
The quiz helped me to see if there were “hidden obstacles” in my brain. These obstacles are what is preventing you from losing weight and keeping it off. Of course I do! I wasn’t sure what they were exactly. I knew there was something that prevented me from losing weight. The “Winning the Game of Weight Loss” is not like any program you have ever tried. Instead of telling you to count calories or not eat carbs, it centers on your mindset. This brain-based program has helped me change my mindset about weight loss!
When you take the short, 10 question Weight Loss Quiz, you will receive a video based on your answers. The video is only a few minutes long. You will then have access to John Assarf’s free 3 hour Winning the Game of Weight Loss Webinar. I found the webinar very enjoyable and informative. I like John! And the other experts who speak in the webinar are awesome! JJ Virgin, Ari Whitten and Marc David are experts in their field and you can tell! The one unifying message you will get is how your mindset is crucial to the success of your weight loss goals.
When you buy the program, you have access for life. You do not get charged any extra fees after your program buy. The program includes 12 levels, which John calls Innercising! I love that! He says training your brain is like training any other muscle in your body. Each level takes about a week, but it is very easy to move from level to level. I took so many notes as I listened to John and Ari. As I progressed further through the levels, I got more excited and hopeful. I can do this I thought!
- 95% of losing weight and keeping it off is due to mindset
- Our self talk tells us we do not deserve to be healthy, lean and attractive. After thinking this way for many years, we begin to believe it as being true. We must make our commitment to losing weight bigger than our negative self talk.
- Being overweight is NOT your fault! It is the fault of our modern environment. At restaurants, our portions are twice what they were decades before. Food ads entice you to eat unhealthy, over processed foods. This environment is incompatible with our body’s needs.
- Many scientists believe the major cause of weight gain is because we are sitting longer and moving less. We are burning 1000-2000 extra calories a day then we did 50 years ago.
- Eating carbs and fats can be fattening or slimming. In a ward (hospital) study, there were two groups. One ate a high carb and low fat diet. The other group did the opposite. Both groups ate the same number of calories. Both groups lost virtually the same amount of weight.
- People who have lost weight and successfully kept it off eat a healthy, plant based diet and exercise regularly.
- Processed foods are those foods we typically find in the middle of the grocery store. This is where cake mixes, mac and cheese in the box and chips can be found. This also includes fast food. Processed foods are probably the single most significant factor for obesity in our country. Over time eating these foods will make your brain override eating food for fuel for your body and eat for pleasure instead.
- Reward Foods are those over-processed foods that are high in sugar and fat. They are also those salty foods. These are the foods that make you say to yourself,”Oh.Em.Gee. this is the best food ever!” When we eat these foods, they light up the reward or pleasure center in your brain. The more we at, the more overloaded our reward center gets. Your body will begin to crave these foods more and more. Over time, your body won’t know when it is hungry or if it wants a Reward Food.
- Our body is designed to be active during the day and asleep at night. With our 24/7 lifestyle, this pattern has been disrupted. We are exposed to artificial light and do not get as much sunlight. This can cause our metabolism to slow down and disrupts our sleep patterns. it also disrupts our appetite regulation center and causes us to eat more.
- Start with simple goals. Tomorrow I am going to walk for 10 minutes. I am going to be more active in my daily activities and sit less. Make your goals attainable, yet challenging. Get excited about them! I know I am!
If you look at these 10 facts, do you see that many of these are not our fault? People think of dieting as temporary. That you can go back to your old eating habits. They are what got you fat to being with. We must instead shift to the mentality of a lifetime of healthy habits. With NeuroGym, you will learn how you can lose weight from the inside out. Zig Ziglar used to say you need a check-up from the neck up to get rid of your stinkin’ thinkin’. I agree with that 100%! Be sure to take to the Weight Loss Quiz. I was so glad I did and I know you will too! Be sure to stay connected with NeuroGym and follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can follow John Assaraf on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Did you take the quiz? Which of my 10 facts surprised you the most? I would love to hear in the comments below!