This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. I love my kids, but I hate shopping with them! Between them asking for a snack or a toy, I want to get out of the store as quickly as I can. With my tips how to make grocery shopping with kids more enjoyable, you can now shop hassle free!
Grocery shopping can be stressful. Add kids to the mix and you are up for a potential nightmare. Does this sound familiar? “Moooom! I’m bored!” or “Where’s the toy section?” or “Mom, I’m hungry!” After raising three children of my own, I have heard those cries many times. That is how I came up with my tips to make shopping with the kids more enjoyable!
Hassle-Free Grocery Shopping With Kids
- Don’t Go In There Hungry: I even follow this rule for myself. A hungry kid can transform from an angel into a Grumpy Gus in no time. In my experience, a hungry kid will want every snack they find. Avoid their tantrums by feeding the kids before you leave the house. If that isn’t possible, bring snacks with you.
- Got Your Grocery List?: Before I got mom brain, I could remember the items I needed without a list. Impressive, huh? With kids, I need to arm myself with a list. To make shopping with kids easier, I organize my list by aisle, department, etc. It makes things so much easier!
- Give Them Tasks: Keep your children preoccupied by giving them each a task. At the beginning of your trip, you can assign them a small list of their own. Their job will be to keep their eye out for whatever products are on their list. This will keep them focused and relieves the boredom they are sure to succumb to!
- “I Spy” Game: Another way to keep children distracted while grocery shopping is by playing a simple game of “I Spy.” Make it creative and descriptive. Try “I spy with my little eye, a bunch of little vegetables that are crunchy and orange!” (Baby carrots!) My kids loved this game!
- Pack It Up Easily: When you are checking out, your hands are full with kids, coupons and debit cards. The last thing you want is to juggle a bunch of plastic bags. Instead, I bring my favorite high quality, reusable Market Bags from ADK Packworks! They are good looking, bags that are lightweight and so much easier to carry!
A Design That Stands The Test Of Time
ADK Packworks is a fresh, innovative company with packing convenience in mind. Their product line is based off of a 150 year-old design. The concept: a 4-sided internal structural folding frame that makes packing and transporting a complete breeze. Since using my favorite Market Basket and Packbaskets, I don’t go shopping without them (and neither does my husband!) If you have a bicycle, you will love the innovative design of the Packbaskets. Now you can bike to the store and not worry about juggling your bags on the ride home!
An Organized Trunk Is A Happy Trunk!
Carrying groceries can get heavy. Those plastic bags from the grocery store feel as if they are cutting into my skin. The Packbasket’s straps are super comfortable: I can carry it as a tote, it fits perfectly into the trunck and it keeps everything nice and organized. And no groceries are going to be spilling out of these bags! And because they are so roomy, we can pack all of our groceries in two bags!
How I Shop In Style And With Ease
Their Market Basket comes in three patterns and sells for $30. I just love the Botanical Vines. Such a pretty print! The Packbasket comes in four solid colors for $25, in canvas for $25 or three prints for $30. The bags from ADK Packworks are perfect for a day at the park, a trip to the beach or a family picnic. for a recent picnic. The folding frame is sturdy, it folds and stores easily and because the bag is removable, cleaning was a breeze! Watch how easy these bags are to use!