This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine. As parents, we do our best to teach our kids to do the right thing. We start this at a pretty early age. This gives our kids a chance to practice what we have taught them for many years. We started teaching the kids about taking care of our planet when they were five or six. They would help us collect items inside and outside the house to put in the recycle bin. We would make a game out of it. They loved it!
Let’s talk about Earth Day. Senator Gaylord Nelson founded Earth Day on April 22, 1970? Did you know that? Neither did I! I was not quite eight years old at that point. It was not until I was in my teens that I was aware of the significance of the day. So many of us celebrate Earth Day. But what happens after that day in April? How do you celebrate Earth Day every day? Here are a few ways we make it fun to save our planet all year round:
- Go For A Hike: I love to hike in the nearby trails of the Great Smoky Mountains. What a great way to get out and appreciate our beautiful earth!
- Clean A Park: Get the whole family involved! Pick a day and visit a local park and clean it up. It’ great exercise and great for the planet.
- Donate To A Wildlife Fund: I am adopting an African elephant from the World Wildlife Fund . It will be a Christmas gift for my daughter this year. You will get a plush animal, photo, gift bag and other goodies when you “adopt” an animal.
- Plant A Garden: We don’t have a big yard, so we plant container gardens instead. This year, we made these cute Star Wars Fabric Covered Garden Pots for our herbs.
- Have A Party: Celebrate Earth Day by having a party with your family. Read a book about Earth Day, watch a movie and have a quality snack from Boulder Canyon! What a great company! You will find a lot of great foods without a lot of crappy ingredients.
I love to find companies who make goods that are good for my family and the planet. When I came across Boulder Canyon Foods, I knew I found a gem! Founded in 1994 by the Poore brothers, Boulder Canyon Foods started with a potato chip. But not just any chip. This was a chip made with a revolutionary kettle-cooking method. The result? probably the best potato chip the world ( or at least I) had ever tasted.
What you will find in the snacks at Boulder Canyon Foods are quality ingredients. Flip over the bag of their chips or popcorn. You will see three, maybe four premium ingredients. For instance, in their Avocado Oil Canyon Cut™ chips, you will find Potatoes, Avocado Oil, Sea Salt. Yep. That’s it. Simple ingredients that equal a fantastic tasting snack.
My favorite? The Red Wine Vinegar Kettle Chips. Oh.My.Yum! They have the perfect balance of semi-sweet, yet bold vinegar and a touch of sea salt. crunch! And thatI am super addicted! What I love about the chips is you will not find any trans fats or cholesterol. They are low in sodium, are gluten-free, and non-gmo. Did you know sea salt has less sodium than traditional refined salt? Me either!
And with their small batch cooking approach, their chips cook for shorter periods. This means they are naturally 30% lower in fat. Now I like that! I love chips, but with trying to eat healthy, you cannot find a healthy chip. Well, guess what? With Boulder Canyon Foods, I have!! Not sure where to buy your favorite Boulder Canyon Foods snack? Just use their store locator! Stay connected with Boulder Canyon Foods on Facebook and Twitter.
One USA reader will win (6) Boulder Canyon Foods Coupons ARV $25
What ways can you celebrate Earth Day every day? Please share in the comments below!