This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine. Do you buy organic for your family? I do, but ten years ago, it was not on my radar. I thought buying organic was something my hippie mom bought that was a waste of money. Oh how the tides have changed! I have researched this subject and debated it with my family and friends. The result is a complete change in my attitude. I now use organic products in my home. So, why is buying organic important for your family? Let me give you a few compelling reasons.
Five Reasons To Buy Organic For Your Family
- Chemicals: The most widely known reason to buy organic food is the lack of chemicals. Commercial grown foods can have a variety of pesticides present. Only about 1% of your foods get tested for chemicals by the EPA. That scares the heck out of me!
- No GMO: GMO, or Genetically Engineered and Genetically Modified Organisms are present in many of the foods we consume. What frightens me about this is there are still no laws across the board that force these foods to have a GMO label. Food is grown in organic soil cannot be genetically modified. There are no GMO’s present. That is a great reason why buying organic important for your family.
- Support Local Farmers: I love buying food from my local farmer’s market. This helps support our local farmer and economy.
- Better For You: You can tell the difference between a food grown in organic soil than a food that is not. You can taste the wholesome goodness of that beautiful fruit (or is it a vegetable?!) And because organic soil does not contain hormones or antibiotics. Those are two things you do not want in your foods. You know those antibiotic resistant strains you hear about in the medical news? Antibiotics in your food is not helping.
- The Bigger Picture: Living an organic lifestyle goes beyond the food we eat, what we drink or wear. It is about being responsible on a social level. It is about living a life that protects our planet for ourselves, our children and so on. It means riding a bike when we can to protect that carbon footprint. If we use recycled goods, we are saving our landfills from spilling over. It’s all about choice. That is why we choose Annie’s products. Because buying organic is important to me and my family.
I have been buying several of the organic foods from Annie’s, which I find at my local Walmart, for years now. They have so many delicious foods our entire family enjoys. If you don’t know the story about Annie’s, you will love it! Annie Withey started with just one product; Annie’s Classic Macaroni & Cheese. She sold it out of the back of her husband’s truck back in 1989! Almost 30 years later, the company prides itself as being as socially conscious as it is successful.
We discovered Annie’s products after my son Henry was diagnosed with autism. He has so many food aversions, it was difficult to feed him a balanced diet. Many of the foods available were overly processed. He hated them. A friend suggested the Annie’s Shells & White Cheddar. It was an instant hit! He is 16 now and it is still a favorite food!
One of our (yes, me too) snacks are the Annie’s Cheddar Bunnies. The kids love the delicious cheddar flavor and the crunch is so satisfying! They are made with whole wheat flour and aged cheddar. You can tell the difference. So good! My husband is in love with the NEW Annie’s NEW Organic Chewy Granola Bars – Chocolate Chip.
He takes one to work every day! He works for a national tire company as a driver and delivery guy. He takes a break between his longest run at a rest area. He eats his Annie’s NEW NEW Organic Chewy Granola Bars – Chocolate Chip and drinks his water. After his snack, he walks for 30 minutes before returning to work.
Another favorite snack is the Annie’s Organic White Cheddar Popcorn. Again. that cheddar flavor is so good! As a mom, I love that it has 8 whole grains and is only 75 calories per serving. That fits in my healthy food plan too! Yay! Have you mixed the Annie’s Cheddar Bunnies and the Annie’s Organic White Cheddar Popcorn together? What are you waiting for?! The combination of the aged cheddar of the Bunnies and the white cheddar of the popcorn that works!
My kids are teens and still get a kick out of me making their lunches fun. I will put in a note or a funny cartoon I read. They also love to have their snacks in a fun container or bag. I thought it would be fun to make a fun treat topper for your little one’s snack bags filled with Annie’s organic products. I love the bright spring colors and the homage to Annie’s bunny. I hope your kids love it as much as they will love their Annie’s snacks! You can download the PDF for the treat topper ——> HERE.
Do you buy Annie’s products? Which is your favorite?