This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Netflix. I was provided with compensation for this post, either monetarily or in product. All opinions are 100% mine. I have been a stay at home mom for 18 years. Wow! I cannot believe I just said that! From the time I was a little girl, I wanted to have babies and stay at home and raise them. I was lucky enough to be able to do that. Don’t get me wrong, it has not been a walk in the park, and we have been to a lot of parks! I would not trade it for the world. The one thing I miss from when I was working outside the home is being around other adults. Before I knew it, I became a hermit, was talking in kid-speak and cutting up my husband’s food! I knew I had to snap out if it, so I decided to plan a girls night out or in, at least once a month. This month, we are staying in and having a sleepover while my husband and the kids are away. The girls and I are going to do our nails, binge watch some shows on Netflix, eat popcorn and drink a pomegranate martini or two! If you are not a fan of the pomegranate martini, you may like this Red Raspberry Cosmopolitan Martini Recipe. Here is my list of 5 much watch shows for girls night in:
Must Watch Netflix Shows For Girls Night In
- Orange is the New Black: I just cannot get enough of the ladies from Litchfield Penitentiary. My favorite character is Red. Who is yours?
- Being Human: If you like True Blood, you will really enjoy Being Human. There is a British as well as an American version. I liked the British version best, which is available on Netflix. That Aidan Turner is drool worthy!
- Grace and Frankie: We all handle stress differently, and these ladies are no different! They handle the announcement that their husbands are in love with each other with hilarity! I wrote about coping with the unexpected a few months ago, and used Grace and Frankie as an example.
- Bloodline: Oh Em Gee this show is addictive! Part of that is because I have a huge crush on Kyle Chandler, and the rest is on the amazing writing and acting. The Rayburns have so many secrets and are so dysfunctional, they make me feel pretty normal!
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Kimmy is rescued after 15 years in a cult, and decides to reclaim her life. She moves to New York, rents a room from Titus, a gay wannabe Broadway actor. This show cracks me up so much!
You can stream Netflix on your television as well as other devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops, Smart TVs, Sony PlayStation, Microsoft Xbox and Nintendo Wii. And you can do all of this for less than $10 a month! We watch Netflix every day in our home because the variety keeps us coming back! There is always something for all of us to watch, whether it is Psych for Caitlin, OITNB for me, MLP for Henry or Supernatural for my husband. Be sure to follow Netflix on Facebook and Twitter.
Pomegranate Martini Recipe
2 oz citrus vodka
1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
1/4 oz fresh pomegranate juice
1 oz simple syrup
Shake all ingredients well with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with lemon or lime peel, and serve.
Which Netflix show for girls night in would you most want to see?