So, by now you know all about my sweet tooth. I am obsessed with making delicious desserts and snacks. I used to be afraid of baking because I would typically mess up the recipe. If I made a cake, it would fall. If I made brownies, they would burn. If I made cupcakes, they were raw in the middle and overcooked on the perimeter. I just gave up trying because I could not get it right. Over the years, I have mastered baking many items, but cheesecakes still elude me. My sister has always been a great baker. Whenever we had a family get together, she would make the baked goods. She was “famous” for her cheesecakes. No matter what your favorite flavor, she could make it. Mom loved raspberry, I prefer chocolate mint or lemon and my kids love turtle cheesecake. Since I love cheesecake and my sister isn’t here to make one for me whenever I want one, I had to figure out something else. My solution is brilliant! The no bake cheesecake. Yay!! problem solved! And my favorite are these rich and creamy, tart yet sweet, No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars with a Nilla Wafer crust.
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars
If you love cheesecake, you are not going to believe these No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars! I am not kidding you guys! I will tell you this much…I may, or may not have eaten about a whole pan of these suckers! They are just as rich and creamy as a traditional cheesecake but without the hassle of jumping through all those baking hoops to get to the end result. I truly think the Nilla Wafer crust has a lot to do with the flavor. You know how banana pudding is so delicious because of the Nilla Wafers? Well, mix that with some butter and load a bunch of creamy filling on top, and you have these addictive No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars!!
Another thing I love about this recipe is how stinking easy it is to make! It takes about 10 minutes to whip everything together. What takes so long is waiting for it to set in the fridge! Because they are so easy and semi-quick to make, they are perfect for just about any occasion that calls for a dessert. My daughter loves it when I make these for her high school robotics meeting. Oh, and if you don’t like No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars, just use another flavor of Jello! We have made lime, strawberry, orange and cherry (which is to die for!!) No matter what flavor you make, these No Bake Cheesecake bars are scrumptious!
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 3 Tbsp. margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. Lemon jello
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil or wax paper or use a silicone pan
- Mix Nilla Wafer crumbs and margarine and press onto bottom of your pan. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Add boiling water to lemon jello; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add ice; stir until melted. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in gelatin. Whisk in 2 cups whipped topping; pour over crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Serve topped with remaining whipped topping and strawberries.
What is your favorite cheesecake flavor?