I have been a faithful customer of Progresso for many years now, so cooking with their products is old hat to me. I love that I can incorporate their high quality products with a family favorite recipe like this Honey Garlic Chicken With Progresso Bread Crumbs from Publix. Without the Panko Bread Crumbs from Progresso this Honey Garlic Chicken would not have that crunch it needs. The Progresso Panko Bread Crumbs is a Japanese style bread crumb with larger flakey crumbs that create a light and crunchy coating, perfect for breading fish, poultry, pork, seafood and vegetables. My mom used it as a topping for baked dishes like macaroni and cheese, casseroles and even many desserts like fried ice cream!
By mixing things up with Progresso bread crumbs, this Honey Garlic Chicken is taken from an average dish to an award winning meal! Save when you use Publix Progresso Bread Crumbs Coupons, like this Save $1.00 ON TWO when you buy TWO any variety Progresso® Bread Crumbs. Progresso bread crumbs are an easy, inexpensive way to add variety to family favorites like meatloaf, meatballs, and of course, my honey garlic chicken. With Bread Crumbs from Progresso, I can bring some excitement back to dinner! In addition to this Honey Garlic Chicken using Progresso Panko Bread Crumbs, you can also make other delicious meals using Progresso bread crumbs. How about some Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders, Parmesan Garlic and Herb Chicken Tenders, or Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes.
Progresso got its start way back in the late 1800s when young Giuseppe Uddo quit school at age 9 to help support his family. After World War I, Giuseppe had a factory in California, which became the first plant in the US to make canned foods which were previously available only in Italy. Giuseppe soon partnered with his wife’s cousins and their new joint venture Progresso. Now more than 100 years later, Progresso keeps finding new ways to deliver quality meals that match the unique needs of individuals and families like mine. My husband is addicted to Progresso’s Heart Healthy soups, of which the Progresso Light line is the only soup brand endorsed by Weight Watchers. I often use the Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs, the savory herb flavor, which has a lightly toasted taste and finely ground texture are perfect for my favorite meatloaf and meatball recipes. Through May 31, you can save $1.00 ON TWO when you buy TWO any variety Progresso® Bread Crumbs! Now that is an awesome deal to entice you to mix it up and add some flavor to your next meal using Progress bread crumbs. Honey Garlic Chicken:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Progresso Panko bread crumbs
- FOR THE HONEY GARLIC SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup honey, or more, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9x13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Working in batches, dip chicken into eggs, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
- Add chicken to prepared baking dish. Place into oven and bake until golden brown and crisp, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, garlic, soy sauce and Sriracha, if using. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup water. Stir mixture into the saucepan until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chicken and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.