This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Post Consumer Brands. All opinions are entirely my own. Are your kids in school? I think a few of you have kids going back tomorrow, right? We are into week 3, and we are easing into the swing of things. I am not a morning person. I will hit that snooze button until the last minute. So, needless to say, mornings can be a bit hectic in my house.
Making Mornings Easier
To make the mornings go smoothly, I prepare ahead as much as possible. The night before, homework is done, clothes set out, backpacks by the door, permissions slips signed and lunches packed. In the morning, I want a breakfast that is quick and something the kids like. At least 3 days a week, the kids will grab a bowl of their favorite Malt-O-Meal® cereal
A Cereal We All Love
Once a week, we swing by our local Food Lion and pick up 3-4 bags of our favorite Malt-O-Meal cereals. Compared to the boxed cereals, the Malt-O-Meal 24 or 30.6 oz bags offer more variety and are a great value. With 34 varieties (Food Lion does not carry all flavors), there is sure to be a favorite flavor for each of us. Caitlin and Henry love the Cinnamon Toasters, Golden Puffs and S’Mores. I have a sweet tooth, so I am torn between the Peanut Butter Cups and the Coco Roos. My husband likes the Berry Bunch Crunch, Raisin Bran Clusters and the Tootie Fruities.
Savings I Can Count On
As a single income family, our food budget is tight. I shop for products with a great taste they will like and will fit into my budget. The Malt-O-Meal bagged cereals fit into both categories. Currently, to save even more on my food allowance, Food Lion has an in-store Catalina offer, which ends on 9/30. When you:
- Buy 1 MOM Brand Cereal get a $1 off 2 MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
- Buy 2 MOM Brand Cereal get a $1.5 off 3 MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
- Buy 3 MOM Brand Cereal get a $2 off 4 MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
- Buy 4+ MOM Brand Cereal get a $2.5 off 5+ MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
An After School Snack My Family Loves
When the kids get home from school, they are starving. They eat lunch at noon, so when they get home at 4:30 or 5:00, their bellies are rumbling! Before they start on their homework, they will grab a snack and a drink. My Cinnamon Toasters Chocolate Streusel Muffins made with Malt-O-Meal Cinnamon Toasters cereal, is the perfect back-to-school snack. This is a recipe I make ahead and have on the table in a sealed container. As the kids are on the way to their rooms, they can take a muffin and a drink and fuel up. As with most kids, mine think better when they have a full belly!
A New Spin On A Family Favorite Recipe
My Cinnamon Toasters Chocolate Streusel Muffins made with Malt-O-Meal Cinnamon Toasters cereal, is a twist on a recipe my mom used to make. Mom made this amazing Cinnamon Chocolate Streusel Crumb Cake every Sunday when we were kids. I thought it would be fun to make mom’s recipe into muffins, using one of the kids’ favorite Malt-O-Meal cereals. Since the Cinnamon Toasters cereal is the #FlavorOfTheMonth, I thought it was the perfect addition to a family favorite recipe.
Fun Cereal Recipes Everyone Will Love
With more cinnamon in every bite of the Cinnamon Toasters cereal, these muffins are packed with flavor! How would you like some Malt-O-Meal recipes, fun, and 34 family favorite flavors? Head over to their #FlavorNation website and see what everyone is buzzing about! Here you will find recipes like a Berry Delicious Cereal Milkshake made with Berry Colossal Crunch cereal.
Or, how about a Peanut Butter and Graham Ice Cream Sandwich, made with Honey Graham Toasters? Have fun and explore what the #FlavorNation website has to offer! Get social with Malt-O-Meal cereal and follow them on Twitter and like them on Facebook.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Malt-O-Meal Cinnamon Toasters, crushed, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2 large eggs
- Streusel topping
- 3½ tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Malt-O-Meal Cinnamon Toasters, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1/4 cup Malt-O-Meal Cinnamon Toasters and baking powder to a large bowl.
- In a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until combined.
- Add in sour cream, vanilla, maple flavoring and eggs. Mix to combine and scrap sides, Do not over mix.
- Scoop batter into a greased muffin pan. Fill 2/3 of the way.
- Sprinkle each muffin with streusel.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 2-3 minutes before you transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Streusel topping
- Add butter, brown sugar, flour, nutmeg cinnamon, and remaining Malt-O-Meal Cinnamon Toasters to a small bowl. Mix together until the streusel forms a crumb like texture similar to wet sand. Set aside.
Which recipe would you like to make with your favorite Malt-O-Meal cereal?