This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. Bringing a baby home is as exciting as it is stressful. In those first few months, you tend to get too many sleepless nights with your new bundle of joy. With these six natural ways to get your baby to sleep, all of you can get the rest you need!
Being a parent to a newborn can raise a lot of concerns. At the top of a parent’s priority list is ensuring their baby gets enough sleep. As a mother of three, I know how difficult it can be to get your little one to bed. We went through a lot of trial and error trying to get the kid’s to sleep through the night. I found these tips helped ease my children into a restful bedtime routine. Also, be sure to read my post on how to “Give Mom Peace Of Mind While Baby Sleeps.”
Tips To Get Your Baby To Sleep Through The Night
- A Warm Bath: As adults, we love taking baths to relax and clear our thoughts after a stressful day. It makes sense that baths have the same effect on babies. It’s as if the warm water has magical properties to help put them to sleep. At babies’s bedtime, draw up a relaxing bath for your little one to help ready them for sleep.
- Set Up A Routine: As much as they fight it, children thrive on a schedule. Life was much easier for us when we got our babies on a schedule as early as possible. Establishing a bedtime gives your baby consistency , helping them drift off to sleep easier.
- Limit The Silence: AAn ultra-quiet room is actually not the best setup for baby’s sleep time. When your little one is dozing off, create some white noise (ex.: keep a fan on in the background). This helps prevent baby from waking up in a shock if a big noise occurs. (i.e.: If something falls from a shelf or is someone speaks too loud.)
- Fragrance: Many parents swear by using essential oils to get their baby to sleep. For instance, lavender, known for its calming properties, helps get baby to sleep. For the babies safety, make sure to dilute the scent in a diffuser.
- Baby Massage: Experts say that a gentle baby massage can ease your little one into a nice, long sleep. You’ll want to go as gentle as possible and start from their feet and work your way up. This also gives you and baby some good one-on-one time.
- Swaddle Your Baby: Known as the “baby taco,” swaddling is the art of wrapping your baby to keep them warm and secure. It’s known to calm and relax baby as it mimics how they felt while they were in mommy’s womb for nine months. Experts suggest swaddling your baby for the first 3 to 4 months. For us, it was a great way to help get the kids to sleep. Also, don’t forget about the type of crib your baby is sleeping in. You can read about infant mattresses here to make sure your little one get’s the best night’s sleep.
A Swaddled Baby Is A Comfy Baby
Choosing the right swaddle is important. The fabric and quality contribute to baby’s comfortability and safety. Woombie is best known for their fashionable, durable, and long-lasting swaddles. Their designs range from basic to convertible, starting at $25 . One of my favorite styles is their Bamboo Mod Sleeper, which ranges from $32 to $48. It keeps Layla snug and comfortable. The organic bamboo and spandex fabric blend, keeps Layla cozy while she sleeps.
Woombie Has Your Baby Covered!
Woombie also carries other baby products from sleepwear to teething jewelry. The Woombie company is innovative and original with their designs. This family run company keeps up with the latest trends while delivering a safe, high-quality products for your baby. Make sure to follow Woombie on social media so that you can “goo-goo-ga-ga” over their brilliant and oh-so-cute collections! Check them out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.