This post is written by me on behalf of General Mills. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Acorn Influence, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Are you setting your child up for success each day? There are days I hit it out of the park. There are also days I have struck out. But that is what parenting is about, don’t you think? We take note of what works, and learn from what doesn’t. What are your secrets on how to make sure your kids have their best day? Here are mine:
- Start The Night Before: I am not a morning person and neither are my kids. This means doing as much the night before to make our mornings run smoothly. I sign notes, pack backpacks and lunches at night. The kids choose their clothes and shoes. They make sure they have their glasses, water bottles, and electronics charges and ready to go.
- Live In The Moment: Shooing the kids out the door for school can be a bit mundane. I also know I will miss these mornings when they are grown and gone. I try to cherish this time with them. When life gets chaotic, slow down! Savor these moments!
- Be Positive: I never go to bed mad at anyone in my home. I also never see them off to work or school without saying something uplifting and positive. I want to start their day with a smile or laugh! There are mornings Caitlin and I will park to finish the song we are singing before I drop her off. It’s about making memories, right?
- Feed Them: When the kids leave the house, they have either already eaten or have something to eat in the car. If they start their day hungry, they are ill equipped for a good day. Do you want to know how to make sure your kids have their best day? Give them a full belly! Our go to breakfast solution are the Yoplait variety packs at Walmart.
- Make Them Feel Important: My family is a gift and a blessing. It is my duty and pleasure to make sure they know that. I want them to feel like they are the most important people in the world. Put confidence in their step as they emerge from the carpool lane!
- Be Polite: I speak respectfully to others. I say “Sir” and Ma’am”. I show the same respect to the janitor at their school as their principal. I know when my kids hear me speak this way to others, they will do the same.
Since the kids were babies, they have eaten Yoplait yogurt. It is a brand I trust. Yoplait yogurts are made with natural colors, flavors and sweeteners. Each individual container gives the kids 20% of their daily allowance of calcium. Your kids need calcium to build strong bones. Calcium also helps your heart, muscles and nerves to function properly. And at just 150 calories and 6 grams of protein, they fit into my healthy lifestyle! It is a win-win for all of us!
The Yoplait variety packs at Walmart are an easy and delicious breakfast solution for them. Our favorite breakfast is a parfait made with diced fruit, granola and their favorite flavor from the Yoplait variety packs at Walmart. I can make them the night before and put the parfait in a portable container. This way, the kids can eat it in the car on the way to school.
When I do my grocery shopping each week, I stock up on our favorite Yoplait variety packs at Walmart. Each variety pack of 8 six ounce cups comes in several yummy flavors. You can choose from Original Strawberry, Strawberry/Mixed Berry, Strawberry/Peach, Strawberry/Strawberry Banana or Vanilla Orange Cream.
What tip do you have on how to make sure your kids have their best day?