This is a sponsored post and I was compensated. All opinions are 100% mine. I love the holidays. I love the shopping, being in the kitchen, going to parties and family gatherings. That is fun for me. For kids…not so much! The holiday season can be tough with kids. It doesn’t matter what age your kids are, they are going to get bored. And yes, being bored is not the end of the world. But, kids don’t get the same level of enjoyment from holiday parties that adults do. They should have fun as well, right?!
During the holidays, we have lots of visits with family and friends. For young kids especially, the idea of spending an entire day in someone else’s house can be a it foreign and overwhelming. Let’s face it, for most kids, unless they are opening presents or playing with them, they have nothing to do! That’s why it’s important to keep them entertained, so you can enjoy your visit too. So, when you’re packing up the car to see the Grandparents consider these ideas how to entertain your kids during the holidays on the cheap.
- Favorite Toys: Make sure the younger kids have a couple of their favorite toys to play with. They should be toys that are small enough to fit in a backpack and don’t have any parts that could fall off or go missing. For the older kids, I pack a bag for each with their small hand held gaming devices and games. This is great for the car or plane ride as well as once we get to our destination.
- Holiday Crafts: Make craft supply kits so kids can create items like Christmas cards and paper snowflakes. As an added bonus ask the kids if they want to give them to the people you’re visiting as a thank you. My daughter is 19 and she still loves to pack a craft bag when we travel. She is a crafty kind of gal!
- Holiday Movies: Make sure your tablet is charged and you’ve downloaded a whole library of holiday movies. You can find everything from Barbie Christmas to classics like Charlie Brown. Also Netflix has a ton of holiday movies for the whole family to enjoy! If there is a family movie playing nearby, perhaps everyone can all take in a movie together at the local theater!
- Games: Games are great for kids of all ages and easy to transport. You can get a board game. If you’re worried about little pieces getting lost try a card game like Clue Suspect, a new twist on an old game. Which you can get at Winning Moves Games for $11.95. We also are enjoying playing Aggravation, No Stress Chess and Game of the States, which is great for our home school lessons!
- Outdoor Play: If the surroundings are conducive, let the kids get outside and blow off some steam! If there is snow, I am sure you packed coats, scarves and gloves for them. They will love building a snowman, making snow angles or having a snowball fight!
- Baking: When we visit the grandparents, the kids love to bake cookies while we are there. We bake enough so we can enjoy some and their grandparents can share some with their friends and neighbors.
You can find games new and old at Winning Moves Games. A website that offers old classics alongside the newest games for all ages. Winning Moves provides classic, retro and fun games for the whole family. They are a great resource for parents who want to know how to entertain your kids during the holidays on the cheap! We love their travel games, which were a lifesaver on many road trips. You can read more about it in my post, Tips For Keeping Your Sanity On A Family Road Trip.
If you do lose a part have no fear, you can order it from Winning Moves. It’s a fantastic place to get entertainment for the holidays. With Winning Moves Games you can find everything from cards, to board games to puzzles. I love the selection, quality and the impeccable customer service. Get Social with Winning Moves and follow them on Twitter and Pinterest and like them Facebook. TWO USA winners will receive all four games I received!!! ARV $75 Good luck!
What are your tips to entertain your kids during the holidays on the cheap? I would love to hear about it!