This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. I know this may sound strange, but I have wanted to be a grandmother for a long time. My Gram was one of the most important people in my life. She taught me how to put on make-up, bake a cake and be kind to others. I wish my kids could have met her. They would have gotten along great! I knew when it was time for me to be a grandmother (or whatever they would call me), I wanted to be just like my Gram. I want to teach them things, spoil them and have them spend the night with me as often as their parents will let them!
You’re Having A Baby?
Well, my kids are a few years away from having babies, so I will have to wait for being a grandmother. But, I got news that I was going to have the next best thing! My “adopted” daughter, Manda, sent me a message that she was expecting. Manda and my oldest daughter have been friends for more than 20 years. She is just like my daughter and she calls me her “other mother.” I was so excited! I could not wait to see what she needed for her baby. If you, or someone you know is having a baby, I have my top picks for the essentials that precious bundle will need.
The Best Baby Registry List You Will Ever Need
- Stroller: Make sure you find a stroller with plenty of storage, both for the babies supplies and yours as well. Some strollers are tricky to fold, so take a few for a test run before deciding on the model best for you and your baby.
- Car Seat: Your baby’s safety is of the utmost importance. You need a car set that will keep them safe, grow with them and doesn’t take a rocket scientist to put together! If you can find a car seat/stroller combo, you are ahead of the pack!
- Diaper Bag: Much like your stroller, you want lots of storage space. I prefer mine with plenty of pockets and room for everything the baby needs when away from home. Be sure it is as fashionable as it is functional. A comfortable strap is a must have too!
- Nose Cleaner/Snot Sucker: No matter what you call it, you are going to need it. Babies get stuffy noses and they cannot blow them on their own. These little suckers do the job quite nicely.
- Humidifier: My kids could not sleep without their humidifier. I highly recommend getting one for your nursery. Your baby will sleep better at night, trust me!
- Sound Machine: My son had the worst time sleeping. The only thing that would put him to sleep was the vacuum cleaner. It was not until years later, a friend said a white noise machine would have done the trick and saved my arms from cramping!
- Baby Monitor: These gadgets have gotten so cool over the years! Now, instead of just hearing your baby, you can see them. This is a monitor that will grow with your baby and is worth the extra money.
- Bottles: Many of you may be saying, “I’m going to breastfeed, so I don’t need bottles.” Well, I thought that too, until I tried to breastfeed my son. Due to his special needs, he was unable to breastfeed. We were at the hospital with no bottle, so my husband had to run to the store and get bottles. While you are getting the bottles, grab some formula…just in case!
- Nursing Pads: Everyone told me I had to buy a nursing bra, which I bought two. The thing they forgot to tell me? That I would need pads as well. There is nothing worse than having your milk come in while you are in line at the grocery store and you have no pads! Yikes!!
- Clothes: Your baby will needs clothes. Lots and lots of clothes! Part of this is from necessity and part is from you wanting to dress up your baby! Trust me when I tell you to stock up on all the cute sleepers, hoodies and sweat pants from Purl Lamb!
A Comfy Baby Is A Happy Baby
When I found out Manda was expecting, I could not wait to go shopping! I knew I wanted to get her lots of cute baby clothes. I fell in love with the clothes from Purl Lamb, especially the Knotted Sleeper, which retails for just $20 right now (prices are subject to change.) Another favorite, are the signature Hoodies from Purl Lamb, which retail for $40. It made sense that Irina would design such comfy sweats (they have bottoms too!) for your little one. I mean, I love to live in my sweats, so why not Layla Rose, Manda’s sweet baby girl?
Which must have baby item would you recommend to a new mom?