This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. For many of us, the holidays means traveling to visit family and friends. If you have a baby, it can be stressful when you hit the road. Whether you are driving or flying, with these six things you need when traveling with a baby, your holiday trek with be a breeze!
There are so many things to keep in mind when traveling. Is everything packed? Did I remember to bring my passport? Is my itinerary in my bag? Now, imagine all that stress and putting a baby into the mix. Traveling with children isn’t always the easiest take. As a mother of three, I’ve tackled some big trips when my kids were just wee, little ones. And guess what? It’s not as hard as it seems. Today, I put together a list of the top 5 products you need when going on a trip with your baby. Make these items essential on your “to-pack” list and it will make your travels so much easier!
7 Must Have Items When You Travel With A Baby
- Travel Stroller: The worst trip I ever took was the one I forgot our stroller. Even the smallest baby can start to weigh you down if you are carrying her everywhere you go! Take a stroller that folds easily, is lightweight and an fit in the trunk of your car. If you are flying, a stroller can be checked with your other baggage.
- Nursing Cover-Up: I will never forget the trip I took where I forgot my nursing cover-up. We were at a restaurant and I was asked to take the baby into the bathroom to nurse. It was awful! With the Infinity Shawl from Baby Zala, you get a stylish solution for your breastfeeding cover-up needs.
- A Smartly Packed Diaper Bag: When I travel with my kids, my tote is packed to the hilt. With little ones in tow when you travel, you need to have your bag packed with everything you need. You will want extra supplies, like diapers and bottles and plenty of clothes. Make sure you have your portable changing pad as you may not always be close to a changing station. Lots of snacks, toys and sanitizing wipes are also must have items.
- Soothing Items: My babies got awful fussy when we traveled with them. One thing we could never leave the house without was their pacifier. The problem, was we always lost their paci. The best solution for this problem I have seen, is the Paci Pockets from Baby Zala.
- Large Plastic Zip-Up Bags: Large zip-up bags (like freezer bags) are convenient to carry around with you when you travel with the little one. You can throw in soiled diapers and clothes when you’re on-the-go and get rid of them later. This way, you don’t risk getting your other belongings dirty.
- Portable Bassinet: Not all hotels can accommodate proper sleeping arrangements for your baby. A travel bassinet is perfect for on-the-go parents. They’re easily foldable and will allow your baby to sleep anywhere you end up staying.
- A Multi-Functional Travel Solution: The main focus of traveling with a baby is to streamline as much as possible. This is especially true if you are flying because they charge you for every extra item you need to check. This can cost you over $100. Instead, find a product that can serve as a blanket, swaddle, sleep solution and more. With the Baby Zala, you get that and more!
The Baby Zala Traveling Baby Cloud is best known for being a “multi-functional solution for travel.” The Baby Cloud offers seven purposes to make your baby comfortable, whether at home or on the road. It’s allows your baby to have swaddle time, snuggle time, playmat, time, kicking time, tummy time, sitting up time and breast feeding time. I love that it not only props the baby when you are nursing, but offers discretion as well.
Because it is so soft, your baby will be super comfortable. The Baby Cloud is one of Layla’s favorite baby items. To be honest, it is one of her mommy’s favorites as well! What makes it ideal for travel is that it easily rolls into its convenient travel case (much like a sleeping bag), when not in use. It comes in ten colors and patterns and retails for $170. Here is a video to show you how the Baby Cloud works.
The Infinity Shawl from Baby Zala is something I wish I had when I was nursing my babies. You can wear it as a stylish accessory to your outfit. It is perfect for breastfeeding then you are out and about. It also serves as a canopy for your stoller, providing your baby protection from the elements of the outdoors. The Infinity Shawl comes in ten colors and sells for $70. Here is how the Infinity Shawl works.
When my kids were babies, a pacifier was one of the only items that would soothe them when they were fussy. As with most babies, they loved to drop it on the ground. When they were older, they loved to throw it and make mommy pick it up. With the Paci Pockets from Baby Zala, your baby’s paci stays put! It works perfectly for the car seat, the stroller, the crib or snuggling with mommy or daddy. It keeps the pacifier close to baby and the high end luxury fabric keeps baby nice and comfy! It comes in five soft shades and retails for just $46. Be sure to visit the Baby Zala homepage to see a complete listing of their product line. Make sure to follow Baby Zala on social media on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
One USA reader will win their choice of either the Baby Cloud (ARV $170), The Paci Pockets (ARV $46) or the Infinity Shawl (ARV $70)