I have always been a cat person. I have mostly lived in smaller apartments where dogs were not allowed. This made it easier to become the cat lover I am today! Our current kitties are Meep and Hazel. We rescued these two sisters 6 years ago, after they were abandoned by their mother at 4 weeks of age. With September being Happy Healthy Cat Month, it reminds me how we can really show our sweet girls how important they are to us. In my opinion, there’s never been a better time to show our kitties some extra love.
How We Celebrate Happy Healthy Cat Month
- Playtime: While Hazel is a bit lazy, Meep loves to play with her toys. She is as happy to play with a piece of yarn we found to a store bought toy. Playing with your cats not only gives you some bonding time, but lets them get in some exercise.
- Cuddle Time: If there is one thing I can count on during my work day, is some quality cuddle time with Hazel. Whenever I am working, I am sitting on the sofa with my computer in my lap. Hazel will snuggle up on my legs and take a nice long cat nap. I don’t mind because it gives me some sweet time to enjoy her company. It is my favorite way to celebrate Happy Healthy Cat Month all year long!
- Great Food: It is important to us that Meep and Hazel eat the best food. I want something that is not only nutritious but tastes good as well. Our go to brand for dry food has been Meow Mix for a long time. With their new Bistro blends, they get a new flavor they really enjoy. As the statistics say, 55% of cats prefer chicken flavored nibbles. Makes sense since the girls really love the new Bistro Blends Rotisserie Chicken flavor!
Recently, the cat lovers at Meow Mix ran the Purrfect Together Survey, which asked cat parents around the country about their special bond with their four-legged friends. Here are some of the meow-nificent results:
- 83% of cats take naps with their humans. This is surprising—and not because 83% of people love napping with kitty. The bigger question is: Who are the 17% of deprived humans who don’t get to experience the joy of napping with their cats?
- 80% of cat parents believe they can interpret their kitty’s meows. While humans and cats may purr in different languages, that doesn’t stop most cat mommies and daddies from understanding what their kitty wants—whether it be some treats, cat nip, or just a snuggle partner.
- 72% of cat parents love to surprise their kitties with treats. Speaking of treats, nothing makes a cat happier than some spontaneous, unexpected goodies from the person who cares for them the most.
- 55% of cats love chicken-flavored nibbles. Exciting news: Meow Mix has just released a brand new culinary-inspired food made with real chicken or salmon, Bistro Recipes—a classy meal for a classy kitty! Head over Meow Mix’s new Purrfect Together web portal right meow, and you can download a coupon for $2.50 off any bag of Meow Mix Bistro Recipes.
And that’s not all! You need a classy painting to go with that classy meal. On the Purrfect Together portal, you can enjoy the unique experience of converting a photo of you and your cat into a Meowsterpiece—a digital “oil” painting that helps express and immortalize your cat-love on canvas. I did it, and you should too! Doesn’t Hazel look regal in her Meowsterpiece? Now it’s time to show me how special your human-cat bond is! Post your Meowsterpiece on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with the hashtag #PurrfectTogether. Be sure to share your thoughts in the comments below. Wishing a fantastic Happy Healthy Cat Month to you and your feline friend!
Who is the special kitty in your life? I would love to see your Meowsterpiece you created in the Purrfect Together portal!