This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. My daughter is 18. How is this even possible? Wasn’t she just loosing her first tooth a few years ago?! Now she is a high school senior. She will be off to college next fall and will be living the “dorm life.” My heart is bursting with pride knowing my baby girl will be heading off to college soon.
Making Your Dorm Room Super Comfortable
Caitlin has worked hard to make it this far with her schooling. It is hard to believe she will be living away from home. This will be a tough transition for her, as well as the rest of our family. Any parent with a child attending college away from home will want them to feel as cozy as possible. When making her college dorm checklist, I wanted to make her freshman dorm room as comfortable as possible. Here are her five top comfort items she will be bringing:
- Cozy Slippers: Take away the feeling of cold, hard, unfamiliar floors by making sure your son or daughter is equipped with a pair of ultra-cozy socks. This is especially helpful if their dorm room isn’t spacious enough for an area rug.
- Silk Pillow Cases: If you want to add some luxe to your child’s dorm room, then silk pillow cases are the way to go. Not only are they fancy, but they have some pretty fantastic benefits. Unlike pillowcases of other fabrics, silk ones help retain your skin’s natural moisture. Also, most silk pillowcases are hypoallergenic, so it’s ideal if your kids get easily irritated from other materials. They’re also easy to maintain and will long a good, long while.
- Thick Bath Robe: Nothing’s better than snuggling up in a giant bath robe after taking a relaxing shower/bath. A fluffy terry-cloth bath robe is ideal for any student staying in residence since they’re most likely to use common bathrooms.
- Heating Pad: College can get stressful. Between exams, deadlines and deciding on a career, students take on a lot of pressure during this time of their lives. A heating pad is convenient and comforting: use it on days when you’re feeling under the weather, are cramping or just need some extra warmth.
- Ultra-Comfy Bedding: The perfect way to ensure your son/daughter feels “at home” while they’re away is by providing them with the perfect bedding. You can go all out with duvets, sheets, large blankets, a variety of pillows, etc. For Caitlin, her bedding from Berkshire Blanket are a no brainer to add to her dorm room essentials packing list.
The Berkshire Blanket company is one of my favorite companies when I am purchasing our bedding and accessories. Having started with a single handmade blanket in 1993, Berkshire Blanket has become the largest designer, producer and importer of quality home goods in the USA. The company is particularly known for their ultra-soft bedding and accessories.
Caitlin’s latest favorites from Berkshire Blanket are her Tipped Extra-Fluffy™ Neckroll Pillow and matching throw. You can choose from several colors including the deep teal Caitlin chose. The pillow retails for just $21 and the extra large 50 x 60 throw sells for only $26. I kid you not, these are the softest bedding items you would ever want on your bed! They are super plush and add the warmth you need on a cold winter day!
While they’re most popular for their blankets, they also offer bedding sets, sheets, throw pillows and so much more. Because they’ve nailed the “ultra-soft” feature in their materials and fabrics, Berkshire Blanket has also moved on to offer a collection of Wearables like scarves, wraps, and baby clothes. Berkshire Blanket is on social media, so make sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!