This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. For many, the holidays can equate to wasteful excess that can harm our planet. This year, you can be more socially responsible with these 5 ways to have an eco friendly holiday!
Knowing the holidays are here, I cringe a bit. Not because I dread them, but because we tend to life to extreme. We have huge amounts of leftover food that gets thrown away, electricity bills are off the charts, and the kids get more gifts than they probably need. I hate to be wasteful any time of the year, but especially during the holidays. That’s why I decided to sit down and brainstorm new ways to stay as environmentally-conscious as possible: even through the holiday season!
Five Ways To Have An Eco-Friendly Holiday Season
- No-Bake Recipes: What good are the holidays without a delicious spread of food? Give your stove a break this year and try to prepare as many “no-bake” recipes as possible. There are plenty of dishes, both sweet and savory, where an oven isn’t necessary. It’ll help save energy and cut costs on your electricity bill.
- LED All The Way: Lights can add so much festive joy during the holidays. I love passing by homes and seeing what others have done with their lighting setups. If you can’t resist lighting up your home this year, then go for LEDs. They last longer than traditional bulbs and you won’t need as many to create an impact. Great for energy and sustainability!
- Reusable Gift Wrap: There are many ways to present gifts in sustainable ways. Recently, I came across the most brilliant gift-wrapping system. Wrapeez is a great, eco-friendly way to wrap your presents. They’re reusable, easy to use and best of all, they’re incredibly cute!
- Time Those Lights!: A timer on your Christmas lights is absolutely key in controlling energy use. Whether it be for the lights hanging outside of your house or the ones surrounding your tree, make sure you’ve got them timed to avoid any overuse of electricity.
- Say No To Disposables: If you plan on hosting a party this year, stay clear of disposable plates, napkins and flatware. Think of all the piles of trash that goes into landfills – especially during the holiday season. Plus, it’s a great opportunity to bring out your nice dishes and show them off a little!
I am in love with Wrapeez for so many reasons! My first three? No tape, no scissors and no waste! All you need to do is simply stretch it over your gift and you’re all set. They are perfect for my eco friendly mantra for this holiday season! Wrapeez is made of a special stretch fabric, and comes in a variety of gorgeous colors and patterns. They are perfect for any occasion including the holidays, birthday, anniversary, baby shower and more!
Here is how easy Wrapeez is to use!
You can purchase Wrapeez in a variety of sizes, ranging in price from $3 for the gift card holder, $6 for a small to their Celebration Bundle, which I chose and retails for $30. The Celebration Bundle comes with two small, two medium and two gift card holders, one of which includes a tag. I love that they are so easy to use, even if you don’t know how to wrap a gift, you can use the Wrapeez products! See what they’re all about on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google Plus and YouTube. One USA reader will win one Wrapeez Bundle valued at $50