Bloating, gas, constipation, diarrhea, and heartburn. Words we don’t like to weave into a conversation, or a blog post for that matter. I have always had terrible issues with my digestion. Sadly, I have passed this down to all three of my kids. In my house, fart jokes are a way to relieve the tension when we have a flare-up. When we go out, the first thing we always do is scope out where the bathrooms are. Because inevitably, one or more of us is going to need to use it.
Sorry Kids, But My Tummy Hurts
When my stomach is acting up, I feel sluggish and fatigued. There are days I hardly have the energy to take my daughter to school. On those days, I for sure don’t feel like working, taking care of the house or my family. And as a busy mom, that is not something I can live with. When I finally realized I could control this issue, I learned how to improve our digestive systems. Thankfully, we have been able to handle our tummy troubles with some simple steps. Here are my top five:
Five Steps To Better Digestive Health
- Hydrate Yourself: I will be the first one to admit I don’t always drink enough water. For overall good health, you need to get those eight glasses a day in. If you have digestive health issues, it is even more important. By staying hydrated, you can speed up your digestive process and make your stools softer. That means less time dealing with constipation. Yay!
- Exercise: Again, not always one to move as much as I should. And again, for overall good health, exercise is essential. There is also a positive connection between good digestive health and exercise. It helps speed up your digestion and stimulates the muscles in your GI tract. So the more you move your body, the more you will move things along in your gut and your colon.
- Cut Down On Fat: Of course we all want to cut down on the fat…in our jeans! By cutting down on fatty foods and fats, you can do that. You can also improve your digestion because fat in your diet is harder to digest. So, cut out the fat, cut out the gas, bloating…you get the idea.
- Lower Your Stress: Yes, I know; easier said than done. My anxiety meter can go from zero to 60 just navigating the traffic to and from Caitlin’s school! I have learned to not get riled up at every little thing. You know; don’t sweat the small stuff. It just isn’t worth it. It isn’t healthy. So as the song says, “Let It Go.”
- Eat Smart: When I am on the go, I don’t always eat the way I should. In order to take steps to better digestive health, I stay prepared. If I am going to be away from home for an extended period of time, I make sure I have a small meal or snack handy. My newest favorite is a French Vanilla ProNourish™, a yummy Nutritional Drink you can feel good about!
When I first heard about ProNourish, I was excited to try it! I love the convenience of grabbing a bottle as I head out the door, after a work out or for my afternoon snack. It comes in two flavors, French Vanilla (my favorite) and Strawberry Banana and there are 6 bottles to a pack. I buy mine at my local *Kroger in the Diet & Nutrition area. You can even save $2 when you print this coupon! *ProNourishTM drink may not be available at nationwide Kroger
stores yet. Please call ahead to ensure it’s available at your store.
ProNourish Nutritional Drink is the perfect snack or mini-meal option for people like me, who suffers with digestive sensitivities. Most of my tummy troubles are caused by food intolerance, especially those foods high in FODMAPs. ProNourish drinks a new low FODMAP drink that is made with the nutrition I need, but without ingredients that trigger my digestive discomfort.
If you have digestive issues, especially with foods high in FODMAPs, you will LOVE the new ProNourish. This low FODMAP Nutritional Drink is actually the first of its kind. If you are following an exclusion or low FODMAP diet, ProNourish can be a great nutritional option for you! Each bottle has just 170 caloies, 15 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber. It’s also gluten free and is a great food option for folks who have lactose-intolerance . Oh and did I mention how delicious ProNourish is? Oh my stars! So yummy! So head over or call your local Kroger to be sure they carry the ProNourish Nutritional Drink. Be sure to stay connected with ProNourish and like them on Facebook.
Do you have digestive issues? How would you incorporate the new ProNourish Nutritional Drink into your daily routine?