This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. I recently decided to make some lifelong commitments to better myself and my health. Coming up with a workout routine took a lot of dedication and hard work. At the beginning, I would try to come up with excuses why I shouldn’t exercise on any particular day. Through discipline and encouragement, I pushed myself to persevere and now I am so happy.
Working Out All Year Long
Despite day-to-day commitments, I do my best to stick with my daily exercise routine. Living in the south, the temperatures can get extreme. I found I needed to keep my body cool throughout my workouts. This was something I needed to keep in mind to stay safe while working out.
How To Keep Cool During A Workout
Whether you are a star athlete or new to exercise, keeping cool during a workout is vital. Here are some of my tips for avoiding from overheating during physical activity:
- Stay Hydrated: We may hear it time and time again, but drinking water will save you from overheating. Remember to drink before, during and after your workout.
- Seek Shade: If you’re one for working out in the great outdoors, it’s best that you choose a location with lots of shade.
- Take Breaks: Make sure you’re taking breaks throughout your routine. This will help prevent you from overheating. It is also a good reminder to take those much needed gulps of water.
- Timing: If your schedule allows it, workout either early on in the day or later in the evening. This will help you avoid the sun during “peak hours.” This is usually between the hours of 11 am and 3 pm.
- It’s All In The Accessories: We pack a gym bag for a reason: it holds our workout gear we can’t leave home without. Did you know that there are plenty of accessories that can help beat the heat and keep you cool during your exercise routine? Yes! MISSION Athletecare’s EnduraCool Instant Cooling Gear are my new must have workout accessories!
The EnduraCool Instant Cooling Gear are super high-quality and effective products. They’ve got you covered with a wide range of items like hats, skull caps, headbands, sleeves – all specifically designed to keep you cool and safe! My personal favorites are the Enduracool’s Techknit Towel and Cooling Classic Headband. The towel’s capabilities are ultra impressive and will make all of your other towels look like wimps.
When the towel is soaked and then wrung out, it will instantly activate its cooling technology to chill the fabric’s surface temperature by up to 30 degrees. How amazing is that? The headband is similar in that it drops to 30 degrees below average body temperatures when soaked then wrung out. I also love the fact their products are chemical-free but still capable of working such “cooling miracles!”
My husband loves to golf, and by the 9th hole, he is super over-heated. The last time he golfed, he wore the men’s headband, hat and wristbands. He said it made a world of difference on the level of his body temperature. When we take the kids to the park, they both have a Techknit Towel with them. If you have a child who plays sports, I highly recommend the MISSION Athletecare products. It will keep them safe and cool and give you peace of mind. Be sure to follow MISSION Athletecare on Facebook and Twitter. One USA reader will win a EnduraCool Instant Cooling Gear prize pack ARV $50!