This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. Flu-like symptoms, a runny nose, non-stop sneezing and a drowsy feeling… ahh, yes: seasonal allergies. Every year, more than 20 million Americans suffer from hay fever. With such a high statistic, it comes to no surprise that nearly all of my family members (including yours truly!) go through the notions of the horrible side effects of seasonal allergies. Take it from me as I know firsthand: allergies are not fun. However, over the years, I have learned how to control our home environment so as to keep everyone’s symptoms at bay.
Five Simple Ways To Eliminate Allergies In Your Home
- Clean Bedding: Mites and dust thrive off of dirty bedding. I’ve made it a habit to clean sheets, blankets and pillow cases on a weekly basis. It really helps with keeping all of our allergy symptoms under control.
- A Close Eye On Mold: Not only is mold dangerous for our overall health, but it really triggers allergy symptoms. Find a cleaning agent that you like and keep a constant eye on rooms and areas where mold is most likely to grow. The bathroom is a key place to keep watch on as well as windows and kitchen sinks.
- Dust Away: Just the mere thought of dust makes me want to sneeze and blow my honkers. On a daily basis, fight off dust by using a static-sheet duster to keep areas clean. Always look on top of shelves, appliances, cabinets and ceiling fans – these are some areas where dust accumulates the most.
- What’s Your Carpet Situation?: If it all possible, try to minimize the carpets in your home. Carpets are a lot harder to clean than bare floors. They also accumulate lots of dust. If you like the look of them, perhaps give area rugs a try. They’re a great alternative to carpets and are a lot easier to clean and maintain.
- Air Purifiers: Air purifiers can help tremendously in relieving allergy symptoms within the walls of your home. If you are constantly maintaining your home’s mold and dust situation, air purifiers can further support your cleaning efforts. Together, they can battle off even the worst allergy symptoms!
It’s always important to do your research before going ahead and buying an air purifier. I recently learned about Airfree ® Purifiers and let me tell you: I am wow’ed by the company and their products. Airfree Purifiers were actually developed by a man who was hoping to find a way to ease his son’s allergy attacks. I love that Airfree’s initial focus was allergy-oriented; it made me a lot more inclined to try their products out, especially since my entire family suffers from allergies.
This video shows how well the Airfree products eliminate those allergens in your home:
I have the Aifree Fit800 in my home and what a marvelous thing it is! This purifier, which retails for $169 at Amazon, is recommended for any room of up to 180 sp ft. I knew it would be perfect for our house’s bedrooms.
It’s that time of the year when our allergy symptoms are going through the roof. My kids felt so much better when the purifier was placed in their room. The Airfree Fit800 is sleek and compact, and actually blends well with our furniture and décor. I also love that there are no filters to replace and the unit is silent. No annoying humming in this house!
This video perfectly illustrates what your home can be with and without the Airfree products. This is called the “Strawberry Test.”
Airfree is rated one of the top air purifiers in the United States. They are capable of reducing microbiological contamination in the air without the use of chemicals. I love how their design is beautiful and modern: it never looks like we have a bulky appliance sitting in the corner of our rooms. You can purchase the Airfree purifiers from retailers like Amazon, Home Depot, Bed, Bath & Beyond and more. Be sure to follow Airfree on Twitter and like them on Facebook.