This is a sponsored post. All opinions about the awesome products from Princess House and my Creamy Tuscan Microwave Macaroni And Cheese are 100% mine! Are you a busy mom? I am too!
And I am sure you want to serve your family a nice homemade meal every night of the week. Me too, but I can’t always do that. What I can do is find recipes that taste homemade when I used a shortcut or two.
I know some of you may balk at using a microwave. That’s cool! For me, I am a microwaving mamma! I began using the microwave to re-heat food or make a Lean Cuisine meal. I also make bacon, corn and baked potatoes in it. It has not been until recently that I began making full on recipes in the microwave.
What a time saver! And for many dishes, like my Creamy Tuscan Microwave Macaroni And Cheese you can make in one pot. Not only does that save on time, it saves on clean-up. And that leads to using less energy for you and your house! It is a win-win!
One thing I am a snob about is the container I cook with in the microwave. I prefer glass, and it is pretty, even better! I was super excited to discover the gorgeous cook and bakeware from Princess House. I have been using the Fantasia® Bake Serve & Store 3-in-1 Miracle Dish and Silicone Steamer Set. I love that I can cook AND serve my Creamy Tuscan Microwave Macaroni And Cheese in the same dish!
Seriously, the Miracle Dish is my new best friend! I have used it so much! The lid is a 1 1/2-Qt. casserole that doubles as a baking and serving dish. Isn’t that cool?! Combine the two and you have the perfect roaster for a whole chicken or roast! It can easily go from the freezer to the microwave for defrosting. And it includes an easy-to-remove BPA-free plastic storage lid, which fits inside for easy storage.
You can make so much with these two products from Princess House. Like the Southwest-Style Frittata with Breakfast Sausage Recipe by Princess House. You can make desserts like the Microwave Flan with Raspberry Sauce below. You can also make casseroles, chicken, seafood and so much more. This is one of the most versatile products I have used in my kitchen in a long time.
I cannot say enough about these high-quality products! Be sure to stay connected with Princess House and follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. One USA reader will win both products from Princess House, ARV $100. Enter below recipe and good luck!
Macaroni and Cheese:
4 cups uncooked macaroni, I used elbows. Use whatever you like!
8 cups water
2 cups heavy cream
8 ounce bag of grated cheese, I used Mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. butter
3 tsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1. Add your macaroni into your Fantasia® Bake Serve & Store 3-in-1 Miracle Dish. Pour water over macaroni. You should have about 2″ of water above the macaroni.
2. Microwave pasta for 11-12 minutes, stirring halfway through.
3. Mix together your cream, butter, garlic, flour and salt and pepper. Cook in microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute. Add cheeses and cook for 2-3 additional minutes.
4. Add drained macaroni to mixture. Blend well.
5. Make your bread crumb topping. Sprinkle over Creamy Tuscan Microwave Macaroni And Cheese .
6. Cut your fresh parsley and sprinkle over your amazing mac and cheese!
- 4 cups uncooked macaroni, I used elbows. Use whatever you like!
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounce bag of grated cheese, I used Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- In 2-quart microwavable bowl, mix water and macaroni. Microwave uncovered on High 11 to 15 minutes, stirring once, until pasta reaches desired tenderness. Drain; remove from bowl, and set aside.
- In same bowl, mix cream, butter, garlic flour, salt and pepper. Microwave uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes or until butter melts and mixture can be stirred smooth with whisk. Add cheese. Microwave for an additional 1 minute, or until cheese is melted. Stir until well combined.
- Add macaroni and stir until well combined. Allow to sit for 3-4 minutes.
- While macaroni and cheese rests, make the topping. In a small microwave dish, heat the butter. Stir in breadcrumbs. Cook for 1 minute, stirring at 20 second intervals. Mix in the cheese, and sprinkle on top of macaroni and cheese. Garnish with parsley and serve. Enjoy!
Have you used your microwave for more than re-heating food? If so, what? If not, what would you like to try to make?