The time of the year has come: Halloween is in full swing! I’m excited to hand out candy to all of the kids in our neighborhood. It’s always exciting to see the amount of creativity they put into their costumes. I am always so impressed with their out-of-the-box ideas. Aside from candy distribution, I plan on staying in and getting caught up with some “me” time.
For tonight’s celebrations, I plan on binge-watching a couple of “scream-worthy” movies on Netflix. The treats are already prepared (I mean, it is Halloween after all.) and I am so excited to kick back, relax and enjoy some of Netflix’s spookiest flicks. Here are my top Halloween movies streaming on Netflix:
Scary Flicks For Adults
- The Legend of Hell House: The original was filmed in the 1970s and still creeps me out to this day. The Legend of Hell House follows a team of mediums into a home haunted by ots murder victims.
- Hellraiser: This 1980s film has become a cult classic and will give you the ultimate chills. Its story starts with an unfaithful wife and how she encounters the zombie of her former lover. I’ll leave the rest for you to watch on Halloween night!
- The Fury: A government agent’s son is kidnapped for his extremely powerful psychic abilities. The agent will stop at nothing to rescue him.
- Hush: Of all the horror movies I ever watched, this is one that scared me the most. A deaf writer moves into the woods for a quieter life. Suddenly, a masked killer appears at her window and she must save herself in complete silence.
For Older Kids
- Alvin & The Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein: Join your favorite celebrity chipmunks as they meet the real Dr. Frankenstein while working at an amusement park as the main singing attraction.
R.L. Stine’s Mostly Ghostly: My kids always loved R.L. Stine’s books growing up. In this chapter of his Mostly Ghostly series, Max Doyle is on the hunt for an enchanted gem used to fight off evil spirits.
- The Hole: When two brothers find a hole in their basement, they never knew it would lead to all of their fears and nightmares. A great, scary flick for the older kids!
- Sleepy Hollow: In the 1999 rendition, Johnny Depp gives a spectacular portrayal of Ichabod Crane. His character is set on a mission is to investigate the murders of 3 people who are believed to be killed by the Headless Horseman.
For The Young Ones
- Hotel Transylvania 2: Dracula, voiced by Adam Sandler, puts in all his efforts to bring out the monster in his half half-vampire, half-human grandson. A must-watch for the entire family!
- Casper’s Scare School: Casper being the friendly ghost that he is, must decide what to do when scare school assigns him to scare humans – even his friend.
- Room on the Broom: This Halloween short is absolutely adorable and your littles ones are sure to love it! Watch a mini-adventure come into play when a witch allows for a cat, dog, bird and frog ride her broom with her. Room on the Broom makes for cutest little story for Halloween night!
- Masha’s Spooky Stories: Your little ones will hear Masha tell tales of common childhood fears like ghosts and monsters. Watch while Masha explains to your kids these and other tales are nothing to be afraid of!
You can stream Netflix from your mobile device, computer, TV or gaming system for less than $15 a month! You can also sign up for their DVD plan if you prefer watching it that way. Either way, you are getting what you want to watch, right at your fingertips! Be sure to follow Netflix on Facebook and Twitter.