This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. I love the holiday season. The days leading up to Christmas give me such a rush. I get this big burst of energy and I’m all over the place cooking, baking, shopping and decorating. Of course, the official day is always filled with so much love. I’m grateful that I get to spend it with my family and closest friends.
Unwind And ReGroup With Netflix
Once New Year’s comes around, I never really know what to do with myself. The week between Christmas and New Year’s can leave me feeling lost after the holiday chaos. What better way to unwind and regroup than with some fantastic movies and series to binge watch on Netflix? Here are a few that I suggest you start as soon as you can. It’s a fun way to relax after the craziness of the holiday season:
Bring In The New Year With These Seven Shows On Netflix
- Crazyhead: If you’re all about horror-comedies, then Crazyhead is a series you have to check out. The show’s two leading ladies, Amy and Raquel, are out and about, kicking some demon butt (whilst facing some inner demons of their own). If you’re into quirky British humor, then this is the show for you. I binged watched this show in one day!
- Tallulah: In this critically-acclaimed drama, Ellen Page (best known for her leading role in Juno) stars as Tallulah. Ellen Page is one of my favorite actors. Her quick wit and dry humor comes across beautifully in her roles.Tallulah must care for a toddler who has been abandoned by her mother. Stuck on what to do and with no family to turn to, Tallulah enlists her ex-boyfriend’s mother, played to the hilt by Allison Janney, for help. This indie styled movie is one of my favorites. Another movie I could watch often.
- Freaks And Geeks: This is a series that really takes me back. You’ll recognize some stars like Seth Rogen, Jason Siegel and James Franco. This show follows high school students coping with life in a Michigan high school. Set in the 1980s, the story focuses on straight-A student Lindsay, who decides to ditch the grades and hang out with the burnouts of the school. Lindsay’s brother, Sam, is constantly bullied but gets support from his nerdy friends.
- Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life: Now, you may have heard about this one as it has been a trending topic on social media for so long. Highly-anticipated, the Gilmore Girls mini-series is finally on Netflix. The moment it released, you can bet I was on board straight away! Set a decade after the finale of original series, A Year In The Life follows your favorite characters through all four seasons of the year. This is a mini-series I can watch over and over again. What a great way to bring in the New Year!
- Man Up: Nancy is 34 years old and single. She’s off, traveling across London to celebrate another one her parents’ anniversaries. On the way, she runs into Jack, a 40 year-old divorcee who mistakes Nancy for his blind date. Nancy decides to just go with it and ends up having the time of her life. This is seriously one of the sweetest movies I have seen in a very long time. And the dance scene between Nancy and Jack is priceless!
- Camp: Who doesn’t love a good musical? Vlad is a guitarist who attends Camp Ovation, a camp made especially for budding musicians, actors and dancers. Vlad finds he is one of the few heterosexual men attending. Throughout his stay, he runs into quirky and interesting camp-mates. Bert Hanley is the man who runs the camp. Bert decides to use the help of his young campers and put together a new production. (Psst: you can catch Anna Kendrick in this film – it’s one of her earlier roles!) Caitlin and I snuggled on the couch in our pajamas and watched this the day after Christmas. What a cute movie!
- The Crown: When I first heard about The Crown, I was excited to get into it. It focuses on Queen Elizabeth II as a 25 year-old. As a young woman, she has so much to face. She has married a man her family and country frowned upon (played brilliantly by Dr. Who’s Matt Smith.) She’s forging a relationship with prime minister, Sir Winston Churchill. She has the potential to lead the world’s most famous monarchy. All the while, she must watch the British Empire go on a slow decline. (And you thought you had a lot on your plate?) Well-written and well-researched, The Crown is totally binge-worthy.
You can stream Netflix from your mobile device, computer, TV or gaming system for less than $15 a month! You can also sign up for their DVD plan if you prefer watching it that way. Either way, you are getting what you want to watch, right at your fingertips! Be sure to follow Netflix on Facebook and Twitter. Do you have Netflix? I want you to enjoy all of my picks plus discover some of your own treasures with a $30Netflix gift card giveaway!
What would you stream on Netflix to bring in the New Year?