This post contains affiliate links and/or images. Do you feel that? It is the crispness of cool fall weather in the air! Do you hear that? It is millions of children listing 6,300 ideas for their Halloween costume? And that? That is 6,300 parents searching the Internet and party stores for the perfect costume for their kids! And one more sound…that would be me breathing a sigh of relief because my kids are too old to go trick-or-treating! No costumes here! Instead, I get to enjoy decorating the house, inside and out, for one of our favorite holidays; Halloween!
One of my obsessions is all things mason jars! And, I am not even using them for their intended purpose! I couldn’t can something if you paid me a million bucks to do it! Instead, I use my mason jars, rings and bands for decorating purposes! I made these cute Patriotic Mason Jars for the 4th of July. I also made these pretty Hombre Mason Jars for my daughter’s wedding! So, it only made sense to use them for a Halloween decoration. I decided to make an adorable Washi Tape Mason Jar Bands Halloween Wreath.
This Washi Tape Mason Jar Bands Halloween Wreath is super easy to make and will cost you just about $15. To make this wreath, I use another obsession; washi tape! I used it for my cute 10 Cheap Ways To End Kids Summer Boredom craft! This craft is so easy, your kids can help you make it! The washi tape is easy to manipulate.
It is not so sticky that it gets kinked when you wrap it round the mason jar ring. I found mine on Amazon and paid about $4 for a set of 4 patterns. And, I have plenty of washi tape left to use for another craft or two! So, here are your directions and supply list for this Washi Tape Mason Jar Bands Halloween Wreath.
What you need:
- 2 Boxes of Ball Wide Mouth Lids with Rings (I got mine at Walmart)
- 3-5 Halloween colored/patterned Washi Tape (I got mine on Amazon)
- 1 2″ ribbon in Halloween color/pattern (I got mine at Walmart)
- 1 1″ Halloween color/pattern (I got mine at Walmart)
- 1 1/2″ ribbon in Halloween color/patten (I got mine at Walmart)
- Glue gun
- Step One: Separate mason jar lids from rings
- Step Two: Wrap washi tape around the rings, alternating patterns/colors.
- Step Three: Thread your smaller ribbon through your lids. Tie tightly. Your rings will form a circle. Make sure you have allowed enough ribbon to hang your wreath.
- Step Four: Make a large bow with your wider ribbon. Using your glue gun, attach to your ribbon used for hanging.
Now you are ready to hang your fun Washi Tape Mason Jar Bands Halloween Wreath!
Do you decorate for Halloween? If so, what is your favorite decoration?
Ball Regular Mouth Lids and Bands – 24 packHalloween Orange Washi Tape Assortment – 8 SpoolsHalloween Purple Washi Tape Assortment – 8 Spools25 Yards 11-1/2CCbetter Mini Hot Melt Glue Gun with 25pcs Glue Sticks High Temperature Melting Glue Gun Kit Flexible Trigger for DIY Small Craft Projects&Sealing and Quick Repairs(20-watt, Blue)