Msg. 21+ Messaging below is intended for ages 21+ and is intended to be enjoyed responsibly, in moderation. This amazing Boozy Horchata Milkshake makes the perfect Cinco de Mayo Cocktail! Thank you to Global Spirits USA, distributor of Leaf and Khortytsa Vodkas, for sponsoring this post and making this recipe possible! How do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo? When I lived in Atlanta, we would go to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner. They had a huge patio. It was perfect for enjoying the beautiful May weather. We would sit there sipping margaritas and eating until we were stuffed!
When we moved to Knoxville, we had kids. We traded going out for dinner and drinks. Now we celebrate by my making a Mexican feast at home. You can tell how much I love Mexican food by all the Mexican inspired dished I have made for the blog. A few favorites are my Mexican Beef and Cheese Dip and my White Pork Enchiladas. If you need a cocktail to chase them down, my Sweet and Spicy Top Shelf Margarita will hit the spot!
Another reason we celebrate May 5th is because it’s my son-in-law’s birthday. He loves my cooking, so it is fun to make all his favorite Mexican dishes. One of his favorite drinks is a Horchata. Have you heard of this beverage? It is a a milky drink made from ground almonds, tiger nuts, or rice. It is popular in Spain and Latin American countries. If you have not tried it, you must! It is divine!
This year, I wanted to come up with a fun cocktail to celebrate Cinco de Mayo and Mike’s birthday. I decided to combine his love of horchata and my love of milkshakes! My compromise? This Amazeballs Boozy Horchata Milkshake makes the perfect Cinco de Mayo Cocktail! I know the typical alcohol to add to a Cinco de Mayo cocktail is tequila. I wanted to do something completely different, so I added Vodka.
My favorite vodkas these days? Leaf and Khortytsa Vodkas. They are perfect for my Boozy Horchata Milkshake. They are also great on the rocks. They are just that smooth! Leaf Vodka is distributed by Global Spirits USA. It is one of the industry’s leading international vodka producers. The vodkas are Certified USDA Organic.
They are made from two waters from the USA. The Leaf Vodka made from the Alaskan Glacial Water has a smooth taste with a bit of sweetness. The other is made from Rocky Mountain Mineral Water, giving it a warm and savory taste. Both sell for an ARV of $14.99 for the 750mL.
Khortytsa is the world’s third largest selling vodka. It is quickly taking the USA by storm! You can choose from four items; Khortytsa Platinum, Khortytsa Ice, Khortytsa Honey Pepper and Khortytsa De Luxe. The ARV ranges from $14.99 to $29.99 for the 750 ml. bottle. The Khortytsa Ice is made to be frozen and the bottle turns blue when it is chilled! The Khortytsa Honey Pepper will give you a spicy zing, making it perfect for a Bloody Mary on a lazy Sunday afternoon!
If you prefer your Boozy Horchata on the rocks, you just need to tweak the recipe. Instead of adding the ice cream, add 1 cup of milk instead. I love it! Need cocktail inspiration? Leaf Vodka has a ton of delicious recipes to choose from. Not to be left behind, the Khortytsa vodka has several recipes to pick from! Stay current with Leaf Vodka and follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Stay current with Khortytsa Vodka and follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can catch Global Spirits USA on Facebook.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 4 cinnamon sticks, divided
- 8 cups water, divided
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 ozs. Leaf Vodka
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- In your blender, add rice, 4 cups of water, and 2 cinnamon sticks. Blend until the rice and cinnamon sticks are roughly ground. Add the remaining water and blend again. Pour into a container with a fitted lid. Let sit at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
- In a clean container, pour the rice mixture into a cheesecloth or fine strainer. Stir in vanilla, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and 1/2 cup sugar .
- In your blender, add rice mixture, 1 ounce Leaf vodka, 1 cup half and half and 1 cup vanilla ice cream. Blend well.
- Take remaining cinnamon and sugar and mix well and pour onto a small plate. Dip top of milkshake glass into water and then cinnamon sugar mixture. Add your milkshake. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Garnish with one cinnamon stick.
Do you have a favorite Cinco de Mayo cocktail or other beverage? I would love to know! Please share in the comments below!