This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. I often talk about how impressive cell phone technology has become. It allows for communication, entertainment and networking. Mobile devices get updated on a regular basis because of this fast-paced technology.
It’s hard to resist a good upgrade. I like to hold off as much as possible. Besides, with my iPhone6 from U.S. Cellular, I haven’t run into any complications. Sometimes though, an upgrade is inevitable. Before you do, did you consider what to know before you sell your mobile device?
Reasons To Sell Your Mobile Device
Cell phone upgrades often happen during the holiday season. This is when a lot of new devices get released, so people are always looking to “up” their mobile game. Come January, many retailers see old devices being sold or traded in.
Selling old devices during the holidays also allows for extra cash flow. Yes, we all want to make that sale. But there are a few things that you should do before passing your mobile phone on to someone else.
What To Know Before You Sell Your Mobile Device
- Make Good Use Of Your Cloud Account: Backup all your information by saving it in a Cloud account. This includes notes, messages, contacts, etc. Don’t have Cloud account? Transferring everything on computer or external hard drive works just as well. Once everything is saved, you can delete all information from your phone.
- SIM Card: Once everything is deleted, you can remove your SIM card. The person purchasing/receiving your phone should have one of their own. Keeping yours in the device is not necessary.
- Log Out!: Make sure to log out of all services like email and social media. Before even removing these apps from your device, it’s best to log out just to be extra safe.
Disconnect From Your Cloud Account: Got a Cloud account? Make sure you disconnect it from your phone. Now that all of your information is backed-up and stored, this is safe to do.
- How Do You Pay & Purchase?: Nowadays, many people have “pay & purchase” options connected to their cell phones. Make sure you disconnect all links, apps and accounts that are associated to credit cards and banks.
- Factory Settings And Final Disconnection: Have you followed all of the abovementioned steps? It’s now time to reset your phone back to factory settings. You can even call your service provider to remove the device from your account (US Cellular customers can call 1 (888) 944-9400). Most mobile manufacturers (like Apple and Androids) allow you to unregister your device.
When You Purchase A Second-Hand Cell Phone
If you’re purchasing a used phone, I suggest you do the same thing in “wiping out” its memory. This will assure that the device settings, data and apps are yours and only yours!
I love U.S. Cellular because of its trustworthy connection and high quality products. U.S. Cellular has made my iPhone that much more convenient to use. Get social by following them on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.