This post was sponsored by MetLife as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. My sister and I were raised by a single parent. My mom always kept a roof over our heads and food on the table. When she died from a stroke a few years ago, we were shocked. Mom seemed to be in such good health. This was not the only surprise we would get in the days that followed.
Because Death Is Hard Enough
In the days following mom’s death, we searched for information on her life insurance. We knew the few hundred dollars left in mom’s bank account would not cover a funeral. We could not find a policy anywhere. Why? Because she didn’t have one. We learned the hard way the reasons you need life insurance.
6 Compelling Reasons You Need Life Insurance
- To Help Cover The Funeral: Funerals are not cheap. We had quotes ranging from $5,000 to over $11,000. That was mind blowing. What were we to do? We finally scraped together the money to have mom cremated. This was not at all what we planned for mom.
- To Help Cover Your Family Expenses: My family relies on the income my husband and I bring in. If one of us were to pass away, we would lose that money each month. With life insurance, your family will have the financial support they need.
- To Help Cover College Tuition: As most parents, I want my kids to go to college. I don’t want them to forgo college because I died and they didn’t have the money to pay their tuition. This would be a big incentive of the reasons you need life insurance.
- To Help Cover Your Mortgage: What would happen to your house if you were to die? I would have a hard time keeping up my mortgage payments if my husband were to die. With term life insurance, if you die, your family can stay in their home.
- To Help Pay Off Debt: Many families have debt. The last thing I want to do is leave my kids to pay off mine. That is what happened when my mom died. My sister and I had to sell many childhood treasures to pay off her credit cards and loans.
- To Support Your Favorite Charity: My sister does not have any children. She does have pets that she considers her kids. When she dies, she wants to donate her term life insurance policy to the ASPCA and the local Humane Society. That is one of her reasons you need life insurance.
Do you have life insurance? If you don’t, you are among the nearly half of the female population that does not have a life insurance policy. Only about half of women today have life insurance.While some women work outside the home, there is a growing number of women who work from home. I make an income from home while taking care of my children. If my kids were younger and I were to die, my husband would have no child care for them. The average cost for a four-year-old in center-based child care is nearly $13,000 a year or approximately $1080 per month, with costs of care ranging much higher for infants. A MetLife Rapid Term Life insurance policy would help cover those costs
So, why do so many people not have a term life insurance policy? For some, they worry they may not pass a medical exam. When we are in our 20’s and 30’s, we don’t think about life insurance. We are invincible at that age! But in our 40’s and 50’s, we start thinking about the reasons you need life insurance.
Research shows that a primary barrier that keeps consumers from protecting their loved ones with life insurance is a medical exam. With the MetLife Rapid Term Life insurance policy, it provides up to $500,000 in coverage, without an in-person medical exam or requests for fluids, like blood and urine, ever, just a handful of health questions.
For a MetLife Rapid Term Life insurance policy, applicants receive a yes/no decision about coverage and a quote in real-time online or by phone. MetLife Rapid Term can be a great solution for busy women to get life insurance they can depend on. It only takes a few minutes to get an online quote. Get yours today! Learn more . Be sure to stay connected with MetLife on Facebook and Twitter.
For more information on the full terms, conditions and limitations about the MetLife Rapid Term product, I encourage you to look at MetLife’s MetLife Rapid Term website.
Do you have life insurance? If not, what is keeping you from it? Which of my reasons would compel you to get a MetLife quote?
 LIMRA Life Insurance Ownership in Focus, U.S. Person-Level Trends: 2016
 Child Care Aware® of America, Parents and the High Cost of Child Care: 2016
 2017 LIMRA Insurance Barometer Study
 US Census Bureau, 2014 Annual Social and Economic Supplement