This is a sponsored post, and I have been compensated but all opinions are mine. I love babies! I love their smell and their little toes. I love how their hair feels under your chin when you hold them. I love soft their skin is. A new baby has delicate skin and many products can cause irritation. Here are my 5 top tips on how to protect your baby’s skin:
- Bathing: My doctor said to bath my babies 3-4 times a week. Be sure to ask at the hospital or at their first appointment. Use a gentle soap like the Baby Magic Original Lotion and Wash or their Calming Lotion and Wash. Bathe for 4-5 minutes in warm water. It is not god for the baby to sit in soapy water longer than that. Do not use powder on your baby. They can inhale it,l which can cause lung issues. And they don’t need it for their hygiene. Apply a moisturizer and gently pat dry, or if possible, let them air dry.
- Baby Acne: Baby acne is different from teen acne. It usually goes away within a few weeks. If it persists, let your doctor take a look. If there is a family history of atopic dermatitis, your baby may have it as well. Using a gentle soap, the “free” detergents and a moisturizer. For more severe eczema, your doctor may prescribe a cream.
- Massage: My babies loved a gentle massage. When I would apply lotion, I would gently massage their skin. It relaxes them too! They loved it!
- Avoid Diaper Rash: As a new parent, I thought diaper rash went with the territory. I was so wrong. You can avoid it by changing a wet diaper as soon as possible. Let your baby get some air on their diaper area. I know with boys that can be tricky! Keep the diaper from getting too tight. And use Boudreaux’s Butt Paste® ointment! It seals out moisture and keeps your baby’s butt dry and free from rash.
- Laundry: Use a baby approved detergent on your babies clothing, blankets, bedding, and towels.
- Outdoors: A baby can get a sunburn in a hot second. Make sure you apply baby approved sunscreen. Use a hat or umbrella when in the sun. If you can avoid direct sunlight, even better.
I wish I had known about Boudreaux’s Butt Paste® when my kids were babies. When I was in nursing school, I worked in a local hospital. They used Boudreaux’s. It was amazing how soon the diaper rash would clear up on the babies. It was jaw dropping. I have been giving it as a shower gift ever since. Yes, it is that good.
Boudreaux’s Butt Paste® was created by George Boudreaux, in 1978. George was a pharmacist and father of four. He wanted to develop an effective and safe solution to end diaper rash. He created it for parents who don’t want to settle for anything less than the best. The combination of ingredients are fast acting but are not harsh on a baby’s skin.
Boudreaux’s Butt Paste® has no harmful ingredients, . is free-from dyes, parabens, preservatives, phthalates and talc. Parents like you and me rely on our pediatrician’s recommendations. And Boudreaux’s Butt Paste® is diaper rash line pediatrician’s recommend. They trust it to help soothe and relieve rash discomfort. Be sure to stay connected with Boudreaux’s Butt Paste on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. One USA reader will win a skincare prize pack with Boudreaux’s and Baby Magic products valued at $70. Enter below and good luck!
Have you cared for a baby, either your own or someone you know? What did you do to protect their delicate skin?